Menu

Ear Ache Relief

my 10 yo ds has had a cold all week. It started complaining a couple of hours ago about his ear hurting. I went to Walgreens for ear relief drops. They don't have them. Any ideas what I can usee to ease the pain. I will not be able to take him to the doctor until tomorrow.

I know this sounds really strange, but we use a potato. Cut the potato in half and mircrowave it for 20 seconds or so until it is warm/hot (not so hot that it can burn you, but really warm). Put the warmed potato over the ear and it will provide almost instant relief. We do this any time any of us have an earache and it works every time.

We do warm olive oil and then place a piece of raw garlic in the ear. My oldest ds (11) had and ear infection after a cold two months ago. Never had to use oral meds. Better in 24hrs.

Hope your ds feels better soon!

Kristen

I second the olive oil. You can buy sweet oil at the pharmacy... but it's just olive oil in a smaller and more expensive container. ;) I haven't used the garlic yet, as we don't have all that many ear infections, but next one, I plan on it!!