Menu

letter of the week?

Amirah

We do our own weekly letter thing...which is reviewing sounds, going on a letter hunt, maybe tracing the letter, drawing it in the carpet...whatever rolls into my mind. Most days it takes all of 10 minutes from start to finish, but my 3.5yo loves his letter time. It's his favorite part of the day! (PS, we do do the coconut tree thing. Emmett LOVES to stick his letter on the tree!)

YUP! We did. We have really enjoyed it. I thought DD might get a little bored since some of the things are the same each week, but nope!

We started when she was 3.5, SLOWLY, but she WAS ready for it! I didn't print everything in color ink. IF you don't want to laminate, them I would at least suggest cardstock for some (NOT ALL!) of the things. I don't laminate a lot. The things that they can write on (pre-writing sheets and letter practice sheets) I do, since DD can erase her dry erase crayons and do it over and over, if she wants. I just have an inexpensive laminator ($25 from Wal-Mart or Sam's Club). The laminating sheets are MUCH cheaper at Sam's Club though. ~$5 in later summer (seems that is when Sam's carries them) instead of about $12 at Wal-Mart. :tongue_smilie:

We have it too, and my preschool sidekick (3.5) loves it. I wish they'd had printables this nice when my ten year old was smaller! I also enjoy that we can pick and choose what we want from it. I'm planning to buy her add-on pack for the slightly older children come fall.

I have been printing, laminating and cutting like a fool trying to get this stuff ready to use with Schmooey. It looks like a lot of fun. He's a little over 3.5, and I'm planning to use it with him once he is done with preschool for the year, which will be later this month.

I don't think it requires laminating, necessarily; I have a laminator so I'm using it, but I'm also hoping to be able to pass my stuff along to someone else when we're done. The laminator she has is only $20, and she laminates everything single-sided (2 pages inside each laminating sheet) to save money.

With my girls, I don't know that I would have felt laminating was necessary. With Schmooey, my sweet little destructo-boy, I do. :D Not everything requires laminating; there are some cutting sheets, coloring sheets, do-a-dot paint sheets, poke letter sheets etc that I don't laminate.

Edited by 3lilreds in NC
spelling

Have you checked this out? I've used it and liked it, and it was free:)

:iagree: I liked that one, too. It's what we used for my oldest two, until we hit MFW K. But, they knew everything in MFW by the time we got there, so we ended up not using it very much. The Brightly Beaming LOTW is really great for PreK or K

I bought this to do with my 3 year old ds. We are going to start it in a few months. I've been looking through it and printing and laminating for the last few weeks. I'm excited to start this with him, and he is looking forward to it as well. He is always asking to do his own school!

[quote name=3lilreds in NC;2704542

I don't think it requires laminating' date=' necessarily; I have a laminator so I'm using it, but I'm also hoping to be able to pass my stuff along to someone else when we're done. The laminator she has is only $20, and she laminates everything single-sided (2 pages inside each laminating sheet) to save money.

With my girls, I don't know that I would have felt laminating was necessary. With Schmooey, my sweet little destructo-boy, I do. :D Not everything requires laminating; there are some cutting sheets, coloring sheets, do-a-dot paint sheets, poke letter sheets etc that I don't laminate.

i just checked out the laminator she has and in Canada its almost 80 dollars on amazon and not available most other places. so that might not be a option right now. i have a little boy so i may check the office supply stores

thanks everyone so far for the comments

i just checked out the laminator she has and in Canada its almost 80 dollars on amazon and not available most other places. so that might not be a option right now. i have a little boy so i may check the office supply stores

thanks everyone so far for the comments

Do you have any teacher's store close to you? Our local Lakeshore Learning Resources Store offers laminating for 0.29$ per linear foot for teachers. You might want to check in to that. I'm not sure if staples or other office supplies store might offer discounts for teachers. You might want to check around. HTH!

The Brightly Beaming one linked earlier is Christian, but easily adaptable, if you wish. You'd just remove the character building/Bible story section. It's not throughout the whole thing, but thought you might want to be aware when you go and look at it. :)

Have you checked this out? I've used it and liked it, and it was free:)

:iagree:We used that for a while too. I eventually tweaked it beyond recognition, but I think I'm going to be that sort in general. It's a good program; I just can't leave well enough alone. :tongue_smilie: