Menu

6 Year History Cycle Curriculums

Does taking 6 years to complete a 4-year curriculum count? :tongue_smilie:

Cat

Funny :) That's what our co-op is going to do. There's no practical way to go through SOTW once a week and be done in a 30 week co-op. So, we have to hurry through and skip things, or... well.. take it the way we've planned.

I wanted to "help" people see choices that they could use... to go with us... Since some won't want to do SOTW the rest of the week since we'll be doing it so well at Co-op :) We are SOOOO excited!!! And, I'm just trying to cover all the bases.

So, especially Cat since you mentioned it, how are you doing it in 6 years? Are you just using SOTW, or using other spines with it??

Ideas are what I'm looking for :bigear:

So, especially Cat since you mentioned it, how are you doing it in 6 years? Are you just using SOTW, or using other spines with it??

Well, in our case it's not exactly purposeful. We use SOTW as a spine, but I find library books and activity books and other resources that end up taking extra time, more than I'd planned. For example, we took almost a month to do a Viking study because the boys were fascinated by Viking culture. Or we spent about a week studying the Silk Road. Just this afternoon, my 6 y.o. asked his brother, "Do we have to do school in summer?" His brother said, "No. Well, history. We always do history." :D But we all enjoy our history studies, so we take our time.

Your co-op sounds like so much fun. I wish we were just a little closer, I'd check it out. :)

Cat

St. Jerome Classical School has a great 6 year history plan (uses SOTW, too).

I think I've seen it before, but now looking for it... I can't find their History Plan.... Do you happen to have a direct link? Thanks :)

http://www.stjeromes.org/documents_school/The_Educational_Plan_of_St._Jerome_Classical_School.pdf

Edited by NayfiesMama
Found It

Evlogia's Ages of Grace is a 6-year rotation. She has a description here, though the curriculum itself is a) under construction and b) Orthodox. The description sounds like a good start, though, and is definitely inspiring (I'm not even Orthodox but all her stuff just seems so lovely!).