Menu

Which Winnie the Pooh book(s)?

kesmom

I have both the "Pooh Library Original 4 volume set" ($32) and "The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh" ($25) on my amazon wish list, which probably means I found them on two different book recommendation sources at different times.

Any thoughts on which one would be preferred? They both have high ratings. I think it might be easier to have the 4 smaller books but that does cost more.

Thanks!

We did fine with the complete edition, which I got free as part of some book club deal years ago. I believe it has all the illustrations, it's just formatted really differently. It would probably have been easier to hold the individual books though - that thing is quite thick (the paper is really heavy weight).

I prefer the big book. They are such classic stories that reading them from the big book just seems more special and suitable. That is just personal preference, though. Of note, my eight year old has just started getting a lot more interested in these stories and understanding the humor.

That's funny! I just put a few of those in my Amazon cart. I was going to get the Complete Tales at one time, however i noticed something curious--that probably depends on your kiddo. My child likes books she can handle. She carts them everywhere. And when all we had was either paperback baby books (like SkippyJon Jones and the like) or big "complete edition" books, she'd favour the babyish books, just cause she could carry a lot around. Once we started acquiring more user friendly books, she ditched the babyish ones.

depends on the child i suppose...and when and where they do most of their reading.

I'm planning on getting the big book. It's easier to store one book instead of four, and I'll be the one reading it as a read aloud, not the kids, so it's fine for me to handle. (The olders might read it themselves, but I still think they'd do fine with the big book. The littles would not be allowed to touch either set for quite a while, anyway.)