Menu

If you read the WTM forum on your smartphone

What do you mean by view? I just hold my phone sideways.

The thing I most dislike about reading the forums on my phone is when you type "its" the autocorrect automatically adds an apostrophe! :001_huh::glare: It is hard to type on and the autocorrect is kind of bizarre sometimes. I've made a couple of posts only to go back and be like :confused:, what was I even trying to say there?

eta: When on my phone (say at tennis or something) I generally only answer posts where I can give a quick answer. Typing on the phone is too hard.

No matter the view, posting is difficult because of the tiny buttons. I've asked that they enable Tapatalk, but received no response. I hope there are eventually enough requests to trigger a reevaluation.

=============

For those who dont' know, Tapatalk is a forum browser app that works with, among others, vBulletin forums such as WTM. No comparable app exists, and Tapatalk works on all major platforms. The plug-in is free for forum owners to install and run, but the client apps do require a small one-time purchase (e.g. $2.99 for Android and iOS). Clients are available for iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry and Nokia. The client app would work with all Tapatalk enabled forums, not just WTM.

I do most of my reading on my iPhone, no trouble with that. The challenge comes when trying to reply and quote a long post - sometimes impossible to do.

Yes, I think I only replied once or twice. It's just as difficult as replying to an email. Mostly I read posts.

What do you mean by view? I just hold my phone sideways.

I couldn't think of the correct term when I posted, but I meant Display Mode - linear, print view, and whatever else there is.

No matter the view, posting is difficult because of the tiny buttons. I've asked that they enable Tapatalk, but received no response. I hope there are eventually enough requests to trigger a reevaluation.

I would get on board with Tapatalk. I do remember that thread now. How do we request it?

I would get on board with Tapatalk. I do remember that thread now. How do we request it?
I messaged Admin and also Moderator (with a request to forward it to the appropriate person).

I couldn't think of the correct term when I posted, but I meant Display Mode - linear, print view, and whatever else there is.

Ah, I use linear mode unless I have to temporarily switch because somebody doesn't make it clear to whom they are speaking.

I use linear mode, turn my phone sideways and use the slide out keyboard so it's as easy as texting.
A physical keyboard would help as a virtual keyboard obscures part of the text entry box.

A physical keyboard would help as a virtual keyboard obscures part of the text entry box.

That is frustrating at times, but I still love my iPhone.

Thanks for the responses. I'll try linear mode next time I read the forum from my phone, and will send a message to Admin and Mods asking for Tapatalk.

I've written them about enabling WTM on Tapatalk! I'm considering buying a portable keyboard for my phone. Jorno is coming out with a really cool one with a really BIG price tag. :lol: Anybody want to recommend one they use?:bigear:

I do most of my reading on my iPhone, no trouble with that. The challenge comes when trying to reply and quote a long post - sometimes impossible to do.

:iagree:

I usually read some on my iPhone, but rarely post from it. I can't seem to scroll up and down easily when I'm posting.