Menu

Father's Day is June 15 - plans? Ideas?

Any ideas for Father's Day? My dh's 50th birthday is less than two weeks before that, so I've got to do something....big. But I don't want Father's Day to get lost in the shuffle.

I thought about giving him a photo of him with each of the girls, taken on the sly. I could also get them to each write something. But what else?

What else? Dads, what do you like for Father's Day? And don't say peace and quiet to watch the game! :lol:

Before we all realized it was also Father's Day my dad arranged a huge brunch at an expensive resort near Oceanside, since we will be in town (first time in ten years - flying with four kids is $$$) and he can get all his kids and grandkids together for the first (and possibly only) time. I am to be chief photographer - guess that is my present to him.

So thank for posting. I hope there are some great replies.

I want to have it already figured out before baby so I don't have to worry about it later.

I feel like we do the same thing every year and I want it to be different this time. But what? Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you.

A couple of years ago, I started giving my husband a photo album of photos from the past year (since the last Father's Day.) I caption as many of the photos as I can. It takes a _lot_ of time and effort, but it's definitely his favorite present each year!

(It also gets me to put photos in an album. It's totally a labor of love for my husband on my part. I would never go to all this trouble for "the fun of it." I am so not a scrapbooker type!)

I have no idea what the dc will get him. We normally go out to eat...we only do this on special occasions. Boy are we going to be broke at the end of June! Our anniversary is June 2, Father's day on the 15th and my b-day is the 26th..that's an awful lot of eating out!