Menu

X/P: Existential Star Wars

I posted this

to a YouTube video on the General Board where it was quickly lost.

My wonderful college student forwarded this. In French with English subtitles. By George Lucas and John-Paul Sartre. Not Coming to a Theatre near you.

Edited by jane.kulesza

Just so you all know, the French is the actual French translation of the regular starwars movies. Only the subtitling has been changed.

I was hoping a few volunteers in France had redubbed the whole thing, but alas no.

It's very annoying when you do understand French, because the oral and written parts don't match!

Just so you all know, the French is the actual French translation of the regular starwars movies. Only the subtitling has been changed.

I was hoping a few volunteers in France had redubbed the whole thing, but alas no.

It's very annoying when you do understand French, because the oral and written parts don't match!

Oh my...it is obvious that my ear for French is non-existent!

I am still completely amused by this.

Thanks for the heads up, Cleo.

Jane

:smilielol5:

Jane, this made our family's lunch hour -- esp. DH who majored in philosophy! I love the "I die!". And Luke's expression of "huh??"

Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Lori D.

You are most welcome, Lori. I loved the video and have wondered if my sense of humor was just too "out there" for most of my fellow boardies. Glad your DH especially appreciated it. And I am sure that you appreciate how tickled I was to receive this as a forwarded link from my son who knew how much it would amuse me.

Be well,

Jane

Very cool video! My dd is slowly doing French 1 so we had no idea it didn't match either, but we definitely know all the Star Wars scenes! She pointed out the part when Darth Vadar throws that guy at the beginning into the wall. I guess it's a 'fail' because he puts out his hand to avoid being hurt by the wall. She's my Star Wars expert so I guess she's right! :toetap05: (that smiley is as close as I could come to a spacey thing...like my dd...and I mean that in a good way. ;))

Gotta love the comments too....:)