Menu

Gift ideas for a 13 yo girl

A special piece of jewelry? Perhaps an engraved locket? 13 is a big step in our family. :)

ETA: What about perhaps a spa party by BeautiControl or MK or something like that? You could let her pick out her own spa set for her birthday, and invite her friends to the party? I used to do those a lot for the early teen range when I was a BC consultant. Made the girls feel very "grown up," and they usually had a blast.

My dd is 13 :) She loves those nail polish 'stickers' by SallyHansen. They come in many different patterns/colors. She had the floral ones - they stayed on for a long, long time & she got many compliments. They actually looked like she went in for a professional manicure/polish. They are sold at Walmart. Also, nail art pens are a big hit as well.

She also loves making friendship bracelets with embroidery floss. We usually buy a big package at Michaels - it contains over 100 skeins & directions for bracelets too. There are lots of patterns and directions online too.

If she loves to read, maybe a fun bookmark or a book light, if she doesn't already have one.

:)

For girls of that age, I've always had a great response when I give "cool" writing tools: unique notebooks, leatherbound journals, quality pens, calligraphy supplies, wax seals, and so forth.

Mini-versions of this type of item are also a big hit, especially tiny little notebooks with attached pen. And they swoon over miniature books; these are pricey ones but I can't find my other link:

http://www.bopressminiaturebooks.com/

I also like to give "experiences," like rock climbing, cooking school, live theatre - - all those things that are pricey but sound like great fun!

My youngest will be 13yo in three weeks.

She's getting a current generation itouch (great deal on woot.com), a nice digital camera (another great deal on woot.com), and a trip to Ulta to get Bare Minerals base and blush and a lesson in how to apply it.

Her sisters are getting her either Pokemon Black or Pokemon White, an itunes card, and something else (not sure what though).

I know that she would really like to have a new guitar case, but the one she wants is $80. She can't get 3 big-ticket items for her birthday and the itouch and camera were fabulous deals.