Menu

Music-Radiohead

Ok, I'm a mom of 5 kids, I'm over 40, and I've never been into lots of music. I enjoy music, lots of different kinds of music too. I like everything from classical to pop. I spent the later half of the 90's having kids, kids who did not sleep and kept me very busy, so somehow I missed this amazing group (Plus me moved south, and everything on the radio is Country). I have just discovered their music and I'm enchanted.

Anyone else just love this group? When they released Lotus Flower all over the web to promote their new album I couldn't stop listening to it. I woke up hearing it's melody in my head. It was haunting. I finally broke down and bought the album. I love it. I now want all of their music (but I will not buy it all right now, too much money :001_smile:) I will slowly start to buy the albums.

I was thinking of getting OK Computer next? What do other Radiohead fans think? I can't believe how much I like their music. We buy new music once in a while, meaning maybe 3 or 4 albums a year. Our last purchase was Adele, which I enjoy a lot. We have stuff like Train, One Republic, etc... (though my 2nd dd like country and we have a few country artists too, but I don't listen to them. :D)

Guess I'm feeling a bit silly, like some teenager, but boy, the music is amazing. I just wanted to see if there was anyone here who has liked this group and can understand what I'm saying. :D

OK Computer or Pablo Honey are more of their "classic" albums, but those are really nothing like their newer stuff. I also really enjoy Thom Yorke's solo album, Eraser and that might be a little more similar to their newer work. It's more electronic (but not in a gay dance club kind of way :tongue_smilie:) in techy, glitchy, avant-garde than Radiohead's older stuff. Here's our favorite song from Eraser:

A 3rd for Pablo Honey. Your post made me laugh because I discovered Radiohead later, too and I said to one of my musical friends who is much more cutting edge, "You knew about this group and didn't tell me!!!?" I really felt cheated. :lol:

Two more that you should check out: Sigur Ros and Sufjan Stevens.

Those are the other two that I would feel cheated if somehow I missed out on them!

OK Computer or Pablo Honey are more of their "classic" albums, but those are really nothing like their newer stuff. I also really enjoy Thom Yorke's solo album, Eraser and that might be a little more similar to their newer work. It's more electronic (but not in a gay dance club kind of way :tongue_smilie:) in techy, glitchy, avant-garde than Radiohead's older stuff. Here's our favorite song from Eraser:

I didn't realize Eraser was a solo album, I thought it was just a single. I will have to check it out.

I like the more rock sound too, which is why I was leaning towards OK Computer, but there are so many choices. :001_smile:

A 3rd for Pablo Honey. Your post made me laugh because I discovered Radiohead later, too and I said to one of my musical friends who is much more cutting edge, "You knew about this group and didn't tell me!!!?" I really felt cheated. :lol:

Those are the other two that I would feel cheated if somehow I missed out on them!

I will have to check them out too, thanks!

:iagree:about Sigur Ros!

I think Radiohead's The Bends is really underrated and it has one of my favorite Radiohead songs ever on it! Fake Plastic Trees:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKd06s1LNik

I vote OK Computer then Kid A. When your ready move on, go to Amnesiac. Need something a little lighter, then go back to The Bends and Pablo Honey. After a time out, move on to Hail to the Theif and In Rainbows.

King of Limbs is really their most quiet cd. I'm very sad to hear this will be their last. Oh, and don't miss Thom's cd The Eraser and Phil Selway's Familial.

In a similar vain, the girls and I love the cd Penelope. It tells the Odyssey story from Penelope's view point. Shara Worden from My Brightest Diamond does the vocals. http://www.wnyc.org/shows/newsounds/2010/sep/09/

I vote OK Computer then Kid A. When your ready move on, go to Amnesiac. Need something a little lighter, then go back to The Bends and Pablo Honey. After a time out, move on to Hail to the Theif and In Rainbows.

King of Limbs is really their most quiet cd. I'm very sad to hear this will be their last. Oh, and don't miss Thom's cd The Eraser and Phil Selway's Familial.

In a similar vain, the girls and I love the cd Penelope. It tells the Odyssey story from Penelope's view point. Shara Worden from My Brightest Diamond does the vocals. http://www.wnyc.org/shows/newsounds/2010/sep/09/

I like the way your list works. I copied it down. I think I'll get a new album every 3 weeks or so. I may stop in the middle and try out one of the other artists mentioned here. I've listened to a bunch of their older songs on YouTube, so I know what they are like. I haven't enjoyed music this much for a long time. Sure there are artists that I have thought were fun to listen to, but this is different.

Anyone else just love this group? When they released Lotus Flower all over the web to promote their new album I couldn't stop listening to it. I woke up hearing it's melody in my head. It was haunting. I finally broke down and bought the album. I love it. I now want all of their music (but I will not buy it all right now, too much money :001_smile:) I will slowly start to buy the albums.

I

My teen boys (17yo and 18yo) like this group. I'm not into music much, and what I like tends to be older (hymns, folk songs, some 40's, some Elvis, and some Beatles). I think my 9yo and 10yo like Radiohead, too.