Menu

Infant Sleep Cycle

Actually, my concerns are the oppostie. :lol: My 3 month old baby sleeps all the time. She goes 10 hours at night and I have to wake her every 3 hours during the day to eat. I forgot to wake her today and she slept another 5 hours (after 10 hours at night.) I was curious when most babies start waking more because I am worried. She is very chubby and happy. :001_smile:

Really depends on the child...and not all children start out on a three hour schedule. I've had some that were on an 1 1/2-2hr schedule and this one isn't on a schedule at all; she's attached constantly. I can't put her down for more than 15-45min at a time and she knows when I've left the room!

When they're ready? Sorry - that's not a smart answer - I genuinely believe it to be true. But I also think there are some strong opinions about it!

:iagree:

2 of my kids didn't sleep thru the night (meaning a 5 hour stretch) until about 2 years old. :D

Really depends on the child...and not all children start out on a three hour schedule. I've had some that were on an 1 1/2-2hr schedule and this one isn't on a schedule at all; she's attached constantly. I can't put her down for more than 15-45min at a time and she knows when I've left the room!

I had 3 like that! ;)

That is why I am more worried about this one. Some days she is only awake for 2 hours, other than feeding time. I constantly have to wake her at the 3 hour mark. (I hope that is not controversial, to wake a sleeping baby. ;) )

Actually, my concerns are the oppostie. :lol: My 3 month old baby sleeps all the time. She goes 10 hours at night and I have to wake her every 3 hours during the day to eat. I forgot to wake her today and she slept another 5 hours (after 10 hours at night.) I was curious when most babies start waking more because I am worried. She is very chubby and happy. :001_smile:

I found that mine started waking more around 6 weeks. As long as she's happy and growing, I wouldn't wake her too much- enjoy this. My midwives always told me that big, happy babies need to sleep (and mamas need them to) so let them be unless... That is, unless you're worried your baby is ill. I had a baby who was a sleeper like yours. It was bliss. :) Never happened again. :lol: