Menu

I love you, SWB!

:D I just got finished listening to Homeschooling the Real Child and I can't tell you what a weight has been lifted off my stressed out, frustrated, panicked, terrified, doubtful, "stuck-in-a-rut" shoulders! I can't wait to give you a huge :grouphug: at the mini-conf. in Philly! :D My kids are normal! :lol: Did you all know that? They are 100%, completely and totally, NORMAL! I have just given myself permission to break out of the rut that I have been in (you know that "box checking, but we MUST do x subject EVERY DAY" rut?). Yeah, that one. I have learned so much in this one hour talk that I can't even begin to relate it all. Thank you, SWB! :D

This talk is wonderful, isn't it? I heard her give it in Memphis a month ago and have listened to it twice since then.

Funny story: My ds10 was with me in Memphis, and about half-way through the talk he leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Are we here because of me?" :) I love that kid!

Funny story: My ds10 was with me in Memphis, and about half-way through the talk he leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Are we here because of me?" :) I love that kid!

:lol: Sounds like something my ds10 would say as well! It really is a great lecture and I am just so relieved to hear Susan tell me that it is okay to "think outside the box". It's like a had to have somebody like her give me permission to do things my own way! Can't wait for Philly!

This talk is wonderful, isn't it? I heard her give it in Memphis a month ago and have listened to it twice since then.

I think I love him too.

:D I just got finished listening to Homeschooling the Real Child and I can't tell you what a weight has been lifted off my stressed out, frustrated, panicked, terrified, doubtful, "stuck-in-a-rut" shoulders! I can't wait to give you a huge :grouphug: at the mini-conf. in Philly! :D My kids are normal! :lol: Did you all know that? They are 100%, completely and totally, NORMAL! I have just given myself permission to break out of the rut that I have been in (you know that "box checking, but we MUST do x subject EVERY DAY" rut?). Yeah, that one. I have learned so much in this one hour talk that I can't even begin to relate it all. Thank you, SWB! :D

I'm now dying to download and listen to this lecture, but I feel like I should "save" it for hearing it in person at the conference. Hmm, what to do...

:lol:

I am actually thinking about having my son listen to it. I loved the audio - SWB really nailed a few of the issues I am having with my (first-born, argumentative, must be in control) son right now.

I listened to it by myself last night while the kids were in bed and I was doing the dishes. I loved it, and decided to listen again tonight and after a few minutes into it, my dd6 comes RACING out of her room, screaming for her brother to follow saying "my favorite part is coming up!" :lol:

Of course it was the underpants story :huh: my two kids were laughing for 10 minutes. A little later ds8 comes out of bed to ask me if that boy really did have magic pants! :D Was he magic? Were the pants magic? Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

Edited by Jumping In Puddles

Same here, I listened to it last night while making dinner. What a help!! Today DS11 was miserable from his allergies, and I gave him the option of just doing reading today (history, religion, and lit) instead of our normal balance of reading and other activities. He loved it, and it made my day so much less stressful.

I want my dh to listen to it, too. I also got the one about moving toward independent learning. I def. want dh to listen to that one. He is of the mindset that I should be Parent at the Elbow for ALL of my children. :001_huh: And, if I can't do that then perhaps we (I) shouldn't homeschool. He works in the public school system. Nuff said. :D

:hurray: