Menu

Poll (wait for it!): Do you cook breakfast?

Do you cook breakfast?  

1. 1. Do you cook breakfast?

• yes, always from scratch
    • yes, a mix of scratch and frozen/mixes
    • yes, mostly from frozen/mixes
    • yes, if by cook you mean put a poptart in the toaster
    • we usually eat cereal or something that doesn't require cooking
    • I cook in the morning, but not traditional breakfast foods
    • The kids manage their own breakfast
    • We don't really do breakfast
    • Other
    • I just like answering polls

Every day especially on weekends dh loves big breakfast on weekends it makes him realize he doesn't have to go to work. I wake up at 5am to make him something pack his lunch then make me and dd scrambled eggs,ham & eggs, grilled cheese, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, etc. I grew up on eggs for breakfast so I don't mind. My mom and dad would always cook breakfast during the week. I never got to eat cereal except when I skipped dinner and wanted something else to eat in the evening. That was dinner.

Diana

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Answered other. Our housemate cooks breakfast (from scratch), as she's up with her DD who goes to public school. I'm in charge of dinner.

We'd probably have pretty much the same breakfast situation if we didn't have a housemate, but I'd probably do more once a week/month cooking type things, and just reheat. But eggs + something doesn't take very long, really.

With my kids all being older, everyone manages their own breakfast and lunch. Unfortunately for me, groceries are presently at a low level so that requires some cooking from me. No reason for everyone to cook separately when I can cook for a group. I hate it though and can't wait till the next grocery store visit.

I voted other. The older boys all eat cereal on their own. I make eggs/bacon/sausage for myself and the toddler. Sometimes the older ones will want some, but they usually prefer cereal.

On the weekends dh makes pancakes or french toast, unless we are running late for church (Sun) or soccer (Sat).