Menu

s/o Possible Impact of Government Shutdown

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that USAA is doing this. Their facebook wall comments make it sound like they are getting both flak and kudos for not covering the payroll. Some see it as helpful; others see it as a loan they didn't ask for.

Is it being treated like a loan?

Definitely post when you get it. Navy Times said they are closing and everyone working at the commissary tonight says they will close if the shut down happens. I really hope that doesn't happen. Not just for our sakes but all that wasted food....ughhh.

This is where I got the info:

http://www.dodlive.mil/index.php/2011/04/continuing-family-support-during-a-government-shutdown/

It's a great site for future reference. :)

Just a total non sequitor, but one that I think I can safely put here.

I will not start a Facebook war with people that I like other than with regards to politics.

I will not view every Facebook post as a call to arms or a failure in judgement that is my duty to correct.

I can walk away from the computer without having to have the last word.

Whew, I feel better. Thank you. Continue about your business.

I just kept posting information directly from government sites and such. I kept people busy reading links all day, HA!

I'm glad they reached a deal, whew!

So, is this definitely over and done with? Or once this bridge runs out is there another shutdown risk?

No, they say they have reached an agreement to take us through the next fiscal year. But, it takes a few days to sign everything, that's why the bridge deal was necessary.

If they get it figured out in the next week, then we should receive a normal paycheck.

Is it true that welfare checks are going out uninterrupted but military personnel does not get paid? :glare:

I would think the military is the last thing you would want to impact...???