Menu

AAS Question

Do I really need two student packs for AAS 1? I'm going to be working with a 2nd grader and 1st grader?

If you use only one student pack for more than one child at the same time can you explain your method and how you do it?

Thanks

Y

I had the same question when I started looking into AAS. Most people said it would make life waaaaay easier. There are some ideas out there on how to make it work with one, so I got just one to start with. After getting things all set up this last week, I ordered another student pack. :tongue_smilie: I cannot even fathom trying to juggle between two kids and one pack. The way it is set up will be sooooo easy to keep track of each kiddos progress.

Granted, we are JUST getting started, but I totally would get another one if at all possible!!

HTH!

Right now I am using 1 student pack for 2 students. I ordered the program with 2 student packs for my 5th grader and 3rd grader. When it arrived my daughter begged to do it too. I didn't have the money to order another pack, so she shares with my 3rd grader. I just put an initial on the bottom of the card to know who needs to review it. It doesn't take that much extra work. In a perfect world, they would each have their own, but we are making it work. They share the posters by dividing them in half and they color their half when they master the phonogram or pass the level.

It has made my life much easier to have two! But here's a post I wrote awhile back on how to get by with one:

The materials packets allow you to customize the review for each child. To get by without getting a materials packet for each child you could try one of these options:

1-teach children together as a group. All children in a “group†would review everything until it's mastered.

2-teach students separately, at least 1 full level apart if your oldest memorizes quickly, otherwise at least 2 levels apart. The first step in each level will review all previously learned phonogram, sound, and key cards (plus any words you are still working on or want to review), so know that you will need to "borrow" the cards back for that step. There is also a mastered review during each level that reviews all of these mastered cards.

3-come up with an alternate method of tracking what they need to review.

If any child has dyslexia, vision processing issues, any kind of learning disability, or just plain struggles with spelling, that student should have their own materials packet and it shouldn't be passed on to a sibling or shared until he or she has completed the program. These students tend to need lots of review, and may need to review cards weekly or monthly to retain concepts.

When in doubt, start with one--you can always order a second later. HTH! Merry :-)

I, also, only bought one set of cards for each level. But, now I am looking back and wishing I had gotten more. As they move ahead in each level they each have different things they need to review. It would be so much easier if we had separate cards for each of them.

I am hoping only two sets will work. When the first finishes AAS6, the third will start AAS 1. Same for our 2nd and 4th. We'll have to wait and see. :)

I am also using only one set for two. I just use the different dividers to keep ones in that each child has already mastered or needs to do - whatever the case may be. It hasn't been a problem - not ideal, but works. And, I usually use the book also. My guys are flying through, though, because it is remedial for them. It may get harder when we slow down. It is just so expensive already for all the levels (yet worth it!!), I am not able to purchase two sets.