Menu

PA homeschoolers - need help with immunization form

Hello out there! I will be bringing DS back home for the fall. I am trying to gather all my paperwork before this baby arrives.

Does anyone have a link for an immunization form that is not the incredibly long one put out by the state? I don't think they need all my child's medical info. I have already provided the school district with the immunizations at the beginning of this school year, so I don't see myself trying to use the objection from them idea/statement. I really don't have a problem providing the immunization record, it is the the details in the rest of the PA state form that bothers me.

I have searched the internet, checked out askpauline.com, tried chaponline, PAhomeschoolers, etc. I am just at a loss.

Could/should I just make one up myself?

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

Hello out there! I will be bringing DS back home for the fall. I am trying to gather all my paperwork before this baby arrives.

Does anyone have a link for an immunization form that is not the incredibly long one put out by the state? I don't think they need all my child's medical info. I have already provided the school district with the immunizations at the beginning of this school year, so I don't see myself trying to use the objection from them idea/statement. I really don't have a problem providing the immunization record, it is the the details in the rest of the PA state form that bothers me.

I have searched the internet, checked out askpauline.com, tried chaponline, PAhomeschoolers, etc. I am just at a loss.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

Even though my dc are up to date, I use an exemption form because I just cannot be bothered. I'll link to it as soon as I find it.

Lisa

Even though my dc are up to date, I use an exemption form because I just cannot be bothered. I'll link to it as soon as I find it.

Lisa

That's what I do as well, regardless of immunization status. Besides, how do they know you didn't have a religious or philosophical awakening this year and change your mind about immunizations?

and it's been fine. however, in our township/county (lancaster county) things are changing, and homeschoolers are being strongly encouraged to become members of a legal defense group because the townships are starting to require over and above what the state requires. they cannot object to a doctor issued form, since you have to receive the immunizations from the doctor...

hth,

jodi now back in pa for the past 2 years..

If your child has been in school them you can also just state on your forms that the school district has a copy of the updated vaccinations for your child. The school district itself will have that.

Also a receipt from the doctor is enough most of the times with a yearly weight and height.

To the Superintendent of <my> School District,

I am the parent of <these brats>.

I object to the following procedures for my child on religious grounds or on the basis of strong moral or ethical convictions similar to a religious belief.

____ immunizations

____ medical examination

____ dental examination

Sincerely,

Carrie<1234>

§ 23.45. Objections to examination

§ 23.84. Exemption from immunization

Do you mean a form that lists the immunizations your child has received? I've never been asked this before, but it's a great question! You can ask your doc for a copy of the one they use. Or here are a few to choose from; you could also make your own based on these. Or a simple typed (or handwritten) list of the immunizations received and the dates would be just fine.

http://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p2022.pdf

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/idepc/immunize/hcp/pedimzrec.pdf

I will add these to my site - thanks so much for the question! (Most of my site has come through questions folks have asked over the years.)

--Pauline, www.askpauline.com

...homeschoolers are being strongly encouraged to become members of a legal defense group because the townships are starting to require over and above what the state requires.

Remember you can always call on the homeschool liaison at the PDE to help you out when your district oversteps their bounds. Not always a perfect solution, but a good first step and there is no fee.

http://home.comcast.net/~askpauline/hs/homeschoolpde.html

Sorry for the multiple answers - am juggling several tasks at once here.

I will be bringing DS back home for the fall...I have already provided the school district with the immunizations at the beginning of this school year...

Since you've already submitted a list, you could put something like "information about immunizations was submitted in the fall of 2010 when Johnny was enrolled in Main Street School" in your affidavit. (I have some more legaleze-type versions of this on my immunization page.) I do this myself most years; once they said "hey this list is pretty old, how about a new one" and I thought that was fair so I gave them one.

Yes, you can.