Menu

Anyone else having Netflix streaming problems for the last couple of weeks?

We've had Netflix for a number of years and streaming for a couple.

Over the last two weeks, we've experienced problems with loading on and off throughout a movie. This is a new problem for us.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

I talked to our Internet tech support person, and he said that the problem may be that Netflix is upgrading their videos which would be using a higher bandwidth and would account for the loading delays.

Very irritating.

Yes we did the one night. They were down for about 2 hours, and Roku said (on facebook) that they were having technical difficulties, but Netflix wouldn't go into details. Since then every now and then we've been hitting some little bumps in streaming, and loading.

With the announcement (when and where, I can't remember) that Netflix will be going to all streaming in a year or two (with complete elimination of the disc option) makes me think that they are upgrading everything.

What we want to know is whether to upgrade our own Internet service. We have just as basic of a plan as possible for high-speed (768Kbps), but our tech support guy told me that Netflix required 3 Mbps. Funny, though, that we *never* had a problem until recently. (Maybe a bit of a salesman in tech support?)

It's really annoying to not have the video load-and-go but halt every two minutes to load some, then play, then load, ad infinitum. Plus, when Netflix is on, I cannot use the Internet at all.

I don't have time to call Netflix, plus they aren't known for their customer service, so why bother.

I agree, Patty, that this company has experienced exponential growth. Unfortunately, all their company areas have grown accordingly. :(