Menu

Inexepensive, DVD based Spanish Curricula?

Mom2J112903

How about CD-ROM? http://www.learnables.com/curr_spanish1cd.html

The Learnables® Book 1 provides an introduction to the foreign language by emphasizing understanding. Each sentence is represented by a picture and the student’s task is to look at each picture and listen to the audio recording. The book contains over 1,000 illustrations. Basic clothing, eating, family, transportation, and action verbs are presented. When you complete this book you will understand basic prepositions, such as in, on, and over, and basic verbs, such as put, drive, eat, and drink.

I don't know if free and online is okay. This plays on your windows media player. DD loves it so far and she didn't like Salsa... and I didn't want to pay for anything else.

There are many options, but here is one that is free, online and can get you started...

KnowitAll offers 4 Spanish video programs. The order is this:

First Step Spanish

(~~optional: First Step Spanish Again)

Next Step in Spanish

Another Step in Spanish

We're going to start using these videos soon in our Spanish program. They have manuals online you can read as PDF or print too.

There are many other sources, and if you want more options (online, books, products, etc) I'll be happy to post them, but sometimes I find that 'less is more' when you're uncertain about a topic/subject.

I have a ton of Childrens Learning Spanish books that I could recommend if you prefer that route.

Good luck.

There are many options, but here is one that is free, online and can get you started...

KnowitAll offers 4 Spanish video programs. The order is this:

First Step Spanish

(~~optional: First Step Spanish Again)

Next Step in Spanish

Another Step in Spanish

We're going to start using these videos soon in our Spanish program. They have manuals online you can read as PDF or print too.

There are many other sources, and if you want more options (online, books, products, etc) I'll be happy to post them, but sometimes I find that 'less is more' when you're uncertain about a topic/subject.

I have a ton of Childrens Learning Spanish books that I could recommend if you prefer that route.

Good luck.

I have never, ever gotten these to play. I just tried again and it's sitting there, saying it's still loading. Anyway, we are using SALSA right now. How old is J?