Menu

If I took some really dry pork chops

I think that pork chops wouldn't have enough fat to make good shredded pork. Usually a fattier cut is used.

I'd probably use them in a recipe where I could cut them up in small cubes, like pork fried rice or pork chili or other soup. They might still be chewy and on the dry side, but it would be less likely to ruin the dish.

I've cooked dry, cooked pork chops in a crock pot with bbq sauce. The resulting shredded bbq pork was awful -- the meat was still dry and the bbq sauce merely made it palatable to DH and DS. They did eat it, though only one sandwich each to be polite. DD and I did not eat it, and I threw away the leftovers. In the future, if I have dry pork on hand, I am going to toss it. This is because I am convinced that nothing I can do to it will make it palatable -- and I've tried many things in the past.

Edited by RoughCollie

I don't do pork, but I have some way to dry grilled chicken before my dh told me to put it on a paper towel in the microwave and put a coffee cup 1/2 full of water next to it.. It worked pretty well I used the chicken to make chicken salad. not sure if this would work on pork but might make it better before you stir fry it even.

I think that pork chops wouldn't have enough fat to make good shredded pork. Usually a fattier cut is used. QUOTE]

:iagree:

This is just what I was going to say. I tried to make pulled pork with a pork roast once and it was horrible. Hard as a rock after all day in the crock pot. I use the pork butt shoulder. It has a nice bit of fat on it and makes the best pulled pork. I have no idea what to tell you what to do with those chops. If it were me, I'd just toss 'em. I hate wasting food, but I also hate eating food that's not good.