Menu

Stones for baking

I was reading the posts about homemade pizzas and getting very hungry. Where can you buy the stones used to bake the crust and are they very expensive? I'm sadly deficient in the kitchen but I'm trying to learn enough to teach my daughters. Thanks so much.

Judy

Or you could contact our very own SolaMichella and she'll give you very fast Pampered Chef service. :001_smile:

I'd like to second the recommendation for the pizza/bread baking stone. I have used it successfully for pizza, bread ,cookies, beaked beets.

Just about everything washes off - don't use soap though and it's normal for it to get darker with use.

:001_smile:

I purchased a gift set from pampered chef for a wedding gift for my sister. I purchased mine from Bath and Body works and really like it. I think they are no more than the cost of a good quality backing dish/pan.

Recipe?

:leaving:

when I read my own message I laughed out loud which elicited questions from the men in the room - a dangerous thing to do.

I can provide a recipe for baked beets if you like. The *beaked* beets, I am still developing...uhm, yes. :lol:

The pampered chef ones are awesome, I have one, but our local Aldi's got them in this week too. The one they have comes with a rack/stand and a pizza cutter I believe.

I do have one warning though! I used to have two of these wonderful stones but one met a horrible fate. I have a flat top range and my stone was sitting on top of it as we had made pizza. One of my dc came from the laundry room with a load of laundry and somehow caught something on the burner knob closest to the door without realizing it. A bit later we heard a HUGE BANG! Dc had accidentally turned the burner on high under the stone and when it got too hot it exploded! Their was a piece about 1/3 the size of the stone stuck point first into my wall about 7 feet away. I am so thankful no one was in the kitchen. We no longer leave it sitting on the stove top.;)

I use mine for everything from pizza to biscuits to cookies and even cinnamon rolls. Everything cooks and browns so much more evenly.

Recipe?

:leaving:

Baked Beets:

Half or quarter (peeled) beets and bake at F 250 for until soft (can be 2 hours or more depending on oven)

Serve with a little olive oil and favorite seasoning like thyme, lemon pepper, etc.

This can be done as well without the baking stone in a baking dish with a little oil spritzed over the beets.

The beet tops can be washed and cut to bite size pieces and sauteed in a little olive oil mixed with tamari/soy sauce.

Bon appetite!