Menu

200 Situps

In the weight loss social group, we are starting a new exercise challenge for the month of March (and a little beyond). We are going to tighten up our abs in preparation for spring and the swim suit season ahead!

We are all exercising regularly, but are going to add 200 sit ups http://www.twohundredsitups.com/ to our workouts. If you'd like to come join us to give yourself some accountability in your efforts, we'd love to have you. http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=2103

Just remember that the stomach is the front of the spine. Don't forget those back muscles. I would add some kind of superman exercise to balance it out.

But then, what do I know?

Good Luck!!

:iagree:

I ended up with a back injury a little over a year ago because I was REALLY keen on getting my pre-baby belly back. I didn't take the time to strengthen my back, just went for flat abs. Now I am nursing my back, and regained my muffin top in the mean time. Once my back it strong again, I can start to slowly work on my front. But I will it do it right this time!

Please be sure to keep the back strong too!!;)

Come join us in the weight loss group kamom. Just follow the link in the first post. I tested in the highest category and will start in week 3. I am doing Jillian's 30 day shred right now and before that was doing Tae Bo, walking (4 mph, 5 miles/day) and doing weight training. My back is weak, but I'm not neglecting it.

Over in the weight loss social group we do exercise challenges each month to help motivate each other. We have done "longest walk" - who walks the most miles in a month, "longest bike" - for those that bike instead of walk, "most minutes" how many minutes you work out no matter what type of exercise it is (we all topped 1000 min for the month of Feb). It really helps having the moral support and accountability of a group!

Just remember that the stomach is the front of the spine. Don't forget those back muscles. I would add some kind of superman exercise to balance it out.

AND that sit-ups won't reduce fat, only build certain ab muscles (and not all of them) UNDER any fat! lol ;) Hate to be a party pooper! If you're already skinny, though, I'm sure you'll see some results. Throw in some other exercises, too, if you want to work all the ab areas. (Reverse crunches, planks, leg lifts or V-ups, side bends while holding a dumbbell, etc.)

I'm excited to do this!!! I'm already eating healthy & doing other exercises (yes, including supermans! er, supermen?), but am sadly lacking in ab muscles. The little prince is 10 months old now, and one of these days I'm going to have to stop blaming him. :D

Count me in! I'll do the situp test later on today and will post in the weight loss social group.

Building muscle will improve posture and raise metabolism, leading to weight loss.

Well, I am not keen on sit-ups, but the Yamuna body rolling Abs routine was amazing! We all use our muscles incorrectly, or neglect some while overstressing others. Yamuna to the rescue!

I also have to add that Curves machines to the Abs and the Back at the same time. So efficient!

Sometimes, for added variety, I do this form of sit-ups - the diamond or frog crunch. My abs and my triceps are always my biggest problem areas. My abs have always been weak - even before 2 pregnancies and 2 c-sections.

Abs-4b.GIF

I need to do these more often :tongue_smilie:. Thank you for the reminder by starting this thread.