Menu

I need a huge whiteboard

I have been to home depot looking for tile board and he said they didn't have any and suggested whiteboard paint. Decided against that. Did some more research and think maybe hd guy didn't know what he was talking about. Was going to go to lowes but have been testing out melamine on a spare shelf I have and it is a pain to clean. I want a nice shiny classroom size whiteboard but don't want to spend a fortune. Oh and I want it magnetic. And we need it now. I can't wait for a school sale or anything like that. Any ideas? Thanks!

You're not going to get magnetic from any tile board that I know of, and the ones I've been able to find aren't very shiny. What price range are you looking for. I was able to get a 3' x 4' magnetic nice shiny white board with attached tray for $128.99 and free shipping. I love it. I got it from US marker board. Here's a link to the one I got. They have it in multiple sizes/prices and many others you could pick from too.

You're not going to get magnetic from any tile board that I know of, and the ones I've been able to find aren't very shiny. What price range are you looking for. I was able to get a 3' x 4' magnetic nice shiny white board with attached tray for $128.99 and free shipping. I love it. I got it from US marker board. Here's a link to the one I got. They have it in multiple sizes/prices and many others you could pick from too.

I just ordered this exact one. I can't comment on how much I like it because it just came today but it arrived in less than a week. I can't wait for dh to get it up for me. It looks perfect for what I wanted it for.

I had planned to just get showerboard from Lowe's until I found out it wasn't magnetic.

Thanks for all the ideas. I did say showerboard to the HD guy and he said they didnt have any. Then I read that it is really melamine and I tried that out on the melamine shelf I have and I hate it. I was hoping to spend under $50. I have checked craigs list. I wonder if I bought the tileboard/showerboard/melamine whatever and it is think if I could paint the backside with magnetic paint? I wonder if it wouldbe strong enough?

We got a 4x8 sheet of something resembling whiteboard at Home Depot and screwed into the wall at the pool. (I try going to HD at 9-10 am, when the older guys are there to answer questions. They are a lot more helpful.)

If you want magnetic, get some magnetic paint and paint the back side of it before you put it up. (We didn't try this - just an idea.) I do think putting magnets on it will nick/scratch it though.

I got the $12 board from Lowes. Neither the worker or I thought the magnetic paint would work through the board. Since what I wanted the magnetic for was hanging things up on it(posters, maps, papers) I decided to get some command brand easy release strips for hanging hooks and apply them to the back of some clips to hang on the board. It wont damage the board and I can move them around when I figure out where I want them.

Thanks all!