Menu

Fels-Naptha

Ace Hardware here. I order a case online and have it shipped to the store free, then use my $5 off $25 Ace Hardware coupon from the Entertainment Book. It was just a few cents over $25 before the coupon, so I paid right around $21 for 24 bars.

I go through about a case each year--mostly for baseball unifoms.

Ok, I am nosy...what do you use it for? I see it all the time at the stores, but have no idea what its for...can someone please school a fool????

I use it as a pre-treater--wet the item, scrub it w/the soap, then either wash it (if it's not too dirty) or soak it overnight then wash. It works miracles on baseball grime!

I use it as a pre-treater--wet the item, scrub it w/the soap, then either wash it (if it's not too dirty) or soak it overnight then wash. It works miracles on baseball grime!

I use it for ds14's baseball pants. Works like a charm.

I can find it at any grocery store here. It can be in the laundry aisle or the soap aisle. I suggest asking an older woman employee; she'll know exactly what you're asking for!

Thanks for enlightening me...I have actually been looking at making my own laundry soap, but someone told me to use Ivory...any advice?

Also, are the savings really worth the effort??

I make my own detergent with Fels-Naptha. The savings are definitely worth it. I make 2 gallons of detergent at a time and it lasts me about 6 weeks (we do lots of laundry :tongue_smilie:). It only takes about 20 minutes to make it. I use a whole bar of Fels-Naptha, 1 cup washing soda and 1 cup borax. I guess I spend about $1.40 for two gallons of homemade detergent. That's about $12 -$13 a year - what I would spend on just one gallon of a name brand detergent!