Menu

Emergency Birthday Present Needed

My DH's Grandma's 90th birthday party is Sunday. I have procrastinated. Everyone else is making her photo collages, scrapbooks, etc. I checked Things Remembered online and can't find anything that is appropriate. Someone please give me a good present idea that I can put together today. PLEASE?

I know you said other people are doing scrapbooks, but I would probably do one of those. I'd go get a little 8x8 album at Michaels, get colored paper, print some pictures, get some stickers and have each of you do some pages (including your DH) for her. Maybe you and DH write a little letter in it about how special she is. The kids can have fun with it and color on their pages (do you have any pictures of them with her), can make a handprint on them with paint, etc.

Is she at her home or in a facility? You could get her a basket and put all kinds of wonderful things in it -- lotion, warm socks, favorite tea and a mug, bake some cookies, maybe a framed picture of your kids, a toasty new throw, slippers, etc).

My in-laws are 84 and are still quite mobile. Pictures of their grandchildren are always a hit. The like gift cards to restaurants. They don't reallly NEED anything at that age.

An "experience" gift is always nice, something you take her to do with dh and the family. Could be as simple as dinner or lunch, or maybe a trip to the art museum, a play, etc, depending on what she likes.

You can make cute, personalized tickets for any event here:

http://www.faketicketgenerator.com

Usually, I'll have a small, tangible gift to represent the experience, and then the tickets to give the details. A Mickey Mouse notebook when we took the kids to Disney, a paintbrush to represent an art class, a spool of thread to represent a gift card to the sewing store.

For older relatives, I have made a set of handmade cards for them to give to others. My aunts never missed a birthday, anniversary, get well, etc. and greeting cards can get expensive. They appreciated having something special and handmade to share with their friends.

An "experience" gift is always nice, something you take her to do with dh and the family. Could be as simple as dinner or lunch, or maybe a trip to the art museum, a play, etc, depending on what she likes.

You can make cute, personalized tickets for any event here:

www.faketicketgenerator.com

Usually, I'll have a small, tangible gift to represent the experience, and then the tickets to give the details. A Mickey Mouse notebook when we took the kids to Disney, a paintbrush to represent an art class, a spool of thread to represent a gift card to the sewing store.

:iagree:

my mom, who is 82, loved the digital picture frame we gave her for christmas. but mostly, she likes things we do for her. this year, we will give her "a letter a week" gift, and then the dc and i will take turns writing to her throughout the year. it makes the gift last longer.

:grouphug:

ann