Menu

air burst rockets (jump rockets) opinions please!!

We don't have that but we do make our own. It's very easy and one of the coolest science experiments! To be able to set off your own rockets you would need a launcher w/pump. They can be expensive or you can build your own.

In this link, it specifically says "all you need is a bicycle pump", so no, it doesn't come with one.

We got ours from Rainbow Resource or Vision Forum can't remember. Either way much cheaper than doing Estes rockets for the price of the motors. Dh has been doing rockests since a boy & does RC airplanes too, he thought they were great. They really go high with just one piece for lack of a better word. You can make go even higher depending on color combo you do. Much cheaper & much more bang for your buck. The Estes motors can get pricey depending how big a rocket you are launching & high you want. These are also much safer as far as launching no electrical etc.

You can also do safely with much younger childern than traditional rockets.

Happy launching!:)

The stomp rockets do hold up well. My kids got a lot of use out of theirs.

We got ours from Rainbow Resource or Vision Forum can't remember. Either way much cheaper than doing Estes rockets for the price of the motors. Dh has been doing rockests since a boy & does RC airplanes too, he thought they were great. They really go high with just one piece for lack of a better word. You can make go even higher depending on color combo you do. Much cheaper & much more bang for your buck. The Estes motors can get pricey depending how big a rocket you are launching & high you want. These are also much safer as far as launching no electrical etc.

:)

If you can find Estes engines on clearance at Walmart or use the 40% off coupons at Michael's, the A, B, and C engines can be quite reasonable. I've picked them up for as cheap as $1 a package before.

What I liked about the stomp rockets is we could just take them out to the front drive. Didn't require packing up and going to a field.

I am actually now considering stomp rockets....did you find that they hold up to lots of play??

We've had this for a few years, and it's held up to my dc and my friends' dc, random neighbor dc, homeschool group park day.... I was guessing the part you stomp on would eventually split, because it has a seam all the way around, but it hasn't. Biggest trouble is dh having to get the rockets off the roof. :D

I am actually now considering stomp rockets....did you find that they hold up to lots of play??

Yes, I do think they hold up well..but I did by a backup that was on sale just in case!

So far it's worked out great though and I ended up giving the back-up as a birthday gift to ds's friend.

They sometimes go on sale at amazon.

They've been a hit with all the neighborhood kids, cousins, friends, etc. And you can buy just extra rockets if necessary.

My son loved the stomp rocket- but ended up destroying the rockets by picking at and pulling off pieces of them very soon after he got it. (And he doesn't tend to destroy things in general but that must have had a tempting texture that he couldn't stop himself from picking at or something!)

We got stomp rockets for Christmas. The boys destroyed 2 of the rockets within the first 2 days, the plastic wings are just not tough enough in my opinion.

We love them though, but only have 1 or 2 working right now. I wish the weather was warmer so that they could go out and play with it some more.

But that being said, I would buy extra rockets if you were to buy a kit. :)