Menu

S/O of well done filet: What does seared tuna taste like?

It is raw in the middle, and barely cooked even on the outside.

Usually it's not even really warm.

I love sushi, so I like it, but it's about as different from cooked fish as can be. I would suggest that you not order it cooked through. Everything else about the dish is selected to go with it seared, and I think it would be very tough (it's usually quite a thick cut) and the sauce would clash with it if it was thoroughly cooked. Find a cooked fish filet that is designed that way on the menu, if you want it to taste good.

A lot of sushi doesn't have shellfish and some use imitation crab (whitefish). However, I can understand avoiding it because of the possible handling of shellfish. It is easy to do though, so if you ever get the gumption to make your own ;) you can make it however you like and with whatever you like :D

Love seared tuna :)

A lot of sushi doesn't have shellfish and some use imitation crab (whitefish). However, I can understand avoiding it because of the possible handling of shellfish. It is easy to do though, so if you ever get the gumption to make your own ;) you can make it however you like and with whatever you like :D

Love seared tuna :)

My doc told me to avoid the imitation shellfish, too. It was years ago, but I seem to remember that he said there is sometimes they flavor the imitation stuff with real crab products.