Menu

Question for you paperbackswappers...

I ran out of all my credits, was going to post some more today, and I got a message that one of my wish-listed books is available.

I have 1 day, 22 hours and 38 minutes to earn a credit so I can claim this book.

I am trying to avoid loading up a ton of items that might have to all get shipped at the same time, and have to come up with all that shipping cash at once. I'd rather pick out the one or two "golden" books that are sure to be on someone's wish list.

My question is, is there somewhere on the PBS site (that I am not seeing) that will show me a list of the most desired books? Then if I have something on that list in the house, and I'm done with it, I can post it.

Thanks for your help. Your quick help. The clock is ticking...

I just do a "search" for the book I want to list before I list it, click on the book and in the box at the top it will tell you if there is anyone wishing the book.

OR you can go here for the top 50 most requested books.

Oh, and you can purchase credits for $3.45 a credit from paperbackswap directly, or go to the forums and there is usually someone selling them for about $2.50 - $2.80 each.

Thanks so much! The top 50 list is exactly what I was thinking of! Can you tell me how you navigated to it through the PBS site?

Also, I can search the books I have stacked to list, that will help to know which to actually post.

I appreciate your help, I am still new at PBS. I really need to set aside a couple hours and a pot of coffee and spend some real time over there.

Thanks so much! The top 50 list is exactly what I was thinking of! Can you tell me how you navigated to it through the PBS site?

Also, I can search the books I have stacked to list, that will help to know which to actually post.

I appreciate your help, I am still new at PBS. I really need to set aside a couple hours and a pot of coffee and spend some real time over there.

Sure -- on the main home page, under the blue header bar that says "Your source for swapping & buying books online!" there are buttons that say "home", "search", "my account" ... You want to hover over the one that says "search". The second link from the bottom of the menu that pops up is "Club Wish List", click that. There is a paragraph at the top of the page that comes up and at the end of it there is a blue link that says "Top 50 Most Wished for Books" -- click that and you'll be there! :)

ETA: I just found the easier way to get there -- at the top buttons below the blue bar, hover over "community" and click "Top 50" -- then click the tab that is says "Wished For Books".

Glad I could help. I've been a member there for a few years now, feel free to ask more questions if needed. PPS is really a great tool for those who know how to use it.

Edited by BramFam

Sure -- on the main home page, under the blue header bar that says "Your source for swapping & buying books online!" there are buttons that say "home", "search", "my account" ... You want to hover over the one that says "search". The second link from the bottom of the menu that pops up is "Club Wish List", click that. There is a paragraph at the top of the page that comes up and at the end of it there is a blue link that says "Top 50 Most Wished for Books" -- click that and you'll be there! :)

Glad I could help. I've been a member there for a few years now, feel free to ask more questions if needed. PPS is really a great tool for those who know how to use it.

Thanks again!

I haven't used PBS much...but I thought the book had to be marked received before you get credit?

Not if you use their postage or DC. If you use PBS to print your postage you earn a credit for it as soon as you mark it mailed. If you use PBS to just print Delivery Confirmation and they add stamps for the postage you'll get your credit when the PO scans it as received by them for shipping.

If you just print the label and add stamps with no DC then you don't get your credit until the book is marked received by the requester.

The way I get a credit when I'm out is to ask dh for one. ;) He has a separate PBS/CD Swap/DVD Swap account, and he's always trading CDs and has extra credits. Most of the books I beg a credit for are for homeschooling, so he has to oblige me. :D I just got a credit from him because PBS notified me that The Latin Centered Curriculum book that was on my wishlist is now available.

I think they were 3.45, I haven't bought any in a while. There is a service fee so I usually buy 3 at a time to make it more cost effective.

I buy 10 credits at a time. :) It's cheaper than Amazon or ... anything mostly! I love PBS!

That's what I was thinking! I might just have to buy some in the future.

But for the moment I want to thank the VERY KIND board friend who gave me a credit. It was a truly unexpected and delightful gesture. You gals are all terrific!