Menu

Funnix users- how long does "touch the screen" last?

I've downloaded Funnix, and so far my early reader is enjoying it, but the "touch the screen" element is driving me nuts!! He's using my laptop, and I'm really not loving him getting his finger oils and whatever else on the screen.

I would have downloaded the program to our "kid" computer instead, but we don't have enough memory on that computer to support the program.

So... how long does the touch the screen thing last? I'm hoping it's just the first few lessons, but if not, I may have to reevaluate. :confused:

Edited by scrappyhappymama
correct errors- NAK

Yeah, I saw that in the first lesson and was thinking I should have put it on the kids' computer (which has my old monitor that DS2 put a big scratch across already). I don't particularly want my kids touching my nice monitor. Yes, I can clean it, but usually they're just plain not allowed to touch it since they have a habit of scratching things! (we have TV Armor on the flat screen TV for this reason, and it's a good thing - nice BIG scratch on the TV Armor).

Touchscreen? We didn't realize that they actually meant to "touch" the monitor... we just pointed with the mouse. Does it actually DO something when you touch it? We don't have a touchscreen monitor so we can't try it.

No, it doesn't do something. They just want them to "beat" the animated finger and touch the image before the finger does. I've only done three lessons so far and did let my son touch the screen (I've got a screen protector over it anyway) but my monitor is a bit far back and he has to stretch and lean and sometimes he jabs a bit too hard when he wants to "beat the finger" so I decided that a laser pointer is the way to go lol. No leaning, stretching, reaching, jabbing, fingerprints and so on.

Touchscreen? We didn't realize that they actually meant to "touch" the monitor... we just pointed with the mouse. Does it actually DO something when you touch it? We don't have a touchscreen monitor so we can't try it.

:iagree:

I haven't gotten to start it yet. I think this is kinda odd...to ask the kids to do that. We don't *ever* touch our computer monitor screen. Not gonna either.