Menu

Ouchie Ouch Ouch! X-ray?

My foot was asleep and I got up quickly, stepped down a step and it crumbled underneath me. I completely fell in front of our piano teacher. :o

It hurts pretty badly. A little swollen. On and off shooting pain. Is there any detriment to waiting overnight and see if it is worse(as far as being able to fix it if it is broken)?

My foot was asleep and I got up quickly, stepped down a step and it crumbled underneath me. I completely fell in front of our piano teacher. :o

It hurts pretty badly. A little swollen. On and off shooting pain. Is there any detriment to waiting overnight and see if it is worse(as far as being able to fix it if it is broken)?

If you have medical coverage, I'd get an x-ray but I don't think a few hours will make a difference. Perhaps the swelling will be down by tomorrow and you will be able to discern if it's just sprained (often more painful than fracture) or broken.

It is still mighty painful. I have some lumps on my foot.:confused:

I don't know.

Go in, have it looked at by someone. I did something similar and ended up tearing the tendons or ligaments or something. I was two weeks before I went in and the doc said if I had been in just after it happened he could have treated it better. Now, I have a permanent intermittent pain.

Speaking from experience here! How bad is the swelling and are you experiencing any bruising. I had such bad swelling after a fall that they had to wait 24 hours to get the x-ray...lots of icing down. They just couldn't manipulate my foot to get a good pic and the pain was too intense to let them do it anyway. 24 hours of icing down and they could do what they needed to do. I, however, still needed a vicodin in order to tolerate it.

If the bruising is bad, there is definitely small tissue damage and possible fracture. If the swelling is bad, ice down for 12 hours and then go to the ER. You need to be able to have them turn your foot and ankle for the pictures. How is the circulation? Cold foot despite sock or blanket, means the soft tissue swelling is pretty nasty.

I had my best treatment from a DO with lots of experience. My back was out of place from the fall plus the crutches and that made everything worse. He kept everything properly aligned while dealing with the torn tendons and ligaments.

(((HUGS)))

Faith

Speaking from experience here! How bad is the swelling and are you experiencing any bruising. I had such bad swelling after a fall that they had to wait 24 hours to get the x-ray...lots of icing down. They just couldn't manipulate my foot to get a good pic and the pain was too intense to let them do it anyway. 24 hours of icing down and they could do what they needed to do. I, however, still needed a vicodin in order to tolerate it.

If the bruising is bad, there is definitely small tissue damage and possible fracture. If the swelling is bad, ice down for 12 hours and then go to the ER. You need to be able to have them turn your foot and ankle for the pictures. How is the circulation? Cold foot despite sock or blanket, means the soft tissue swelling is pretty nasty.

I had my best treatment from a DO with lots of experience. My back was out of place from the fall plus the crutches and that made everything worse. He kept everything properly aligned while dealing with the torn tendons and ligaments.

(((HUGS)))

Faith

Pretty bad bruising, separate areas of swelling.. Circulation is fine. When I flex my foot I see little lumps appear in the midst of the big lumps. I am walking on it(5 kids! I have to!) but it is painful to do so.

My biggest concern about going to the Dr. is that I really need to go to Costco today.:tongue_smilie: If I go to the dr first I might not make it to Costco. If I go after Costco, my food might go bad! SO dumb, I know.

I'd have it looked at. My dh is always hurting himself and waiting and not getting it looked at, and now he's in a lot of pain all the time (knees, feet, toes, neck.) I'm so tired of watching him get injured and then being in pain forever, so my advice is to get it checked out asap.