Menu

Smoothies

Stil on a food kick - need to do big grocery shopping today :001_smile:.

Tell me about smoothies.

What do you use in yours?

I typically do thawed out frozen fruit and some variation of orange juice (or pineapple), if I have it and I remember I add some flax (for protein I think?)

Stil on a food kick - need to do big grocery shopping today :001_smile:.

Tell me about smoothies.

What do you use in yours?

I typically do thawed out frozen fruit and some variation of orange juice (or pineapple), if I have it and I remember I add some flax (for protein I think?)

Rice milk, banana, apple, orange, sometimes a grapefruit, fresh organic spinach, frozen blueberries, spoon of Salba, and a spoon of vegan protein powder.

I use frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries), then some frozen fruit (peaches, pineapple, melon), a banana, an apple, spinach, hemp protein powder and a small splash of vanilla extract. I add water instead of juice for the liquid.

I do have to change the combinations around to accommodate food allergies so I often have to make 3 different kinds of smoothies each time I make them but those are my go-to ingredients.

Vanilla yogurt, spinach, frozen banana, milk, ground flaxseed and some other type of fruit. DH and I have one every morning and it really does satisfy.

About once a month (or whenever fresh berries/fruit are on sale), I sit down and make up individual portions of the fruit to put in the freezer. Makes morning prep soooo easy as all I have to do is grab a bag and then add the other stuff.

Side note- I stock up on fresh fruit in the summer when it is on sale and then freeze it myself for the winter. I normally have a good supply of strawberries, blueberries and peaches in the freezer to chose from- it helps with cost. I will also freeze bananas if we are not going to eat them before they go bad and use that.