Menu

New Year's Eve menus?

I use a menu planning service, (cookingTF.com) and here is their New Year's Eve appetizer plan:

Rumaki - (water chestnut/ bacon things)

Pineapple Meatballs

Garlic Chicken Skewers

BBQ turkey meatballs

Cheese and crackers

Fruit tray

Veggie tray with bean dip and hummus

Chocolate chickpea cake

Chocolate chip nut cookies

Crock-pot sugared nuts

Also some of the grocery stores have good deals on seafood right now.

Crock pot meatballs are easy if you buy the meatballs pre-made in the freezer section. Mix equal parts grape jelley and chili sauce and pour over the meatballs. Yum!

Happy New Years to you!

Pesto Pinwheels.

Get a tube of crescent roll dough and unroll it. Keep it all intact and seal together the perforations. You want a rectangle of smooth dough. Once it's rolled out, slather green or red pesto (or marinara sauce if you like) and roll the dough up. Take a sharp knife and cut 1/2" slices. Place slices on a cookie sheet and brush some melted butter on them, and then sprinkle some parmesan on top. Bake according to the temps on the dough tube. They won't need to bake as long as the crescents would, so watch them. When they're golden, they're done.

This is basically like making cinnamon rolls, but it's a savory and not sweet. I've done these with basil pesto, sundried tomato pesto, marinara or pizza sauce. They've always been a hit at any party I've taken them to.

We always go to a friend's house on New Year's Eve, and she usually does the same menu. It's a fondue party. She has a yummy cheese fondue with bread cubes, fruit, etc. There is a chocolate fondue with fruits, cookies, marshmallows, etc. Then there is a fondue for a variety of meats. Pretty neat!

Sugar and fat fest with the neighbors...

Hot wings from Costco

Pig-in the blankets

Parmesean artichoke dip

Tostidos Salsa con Queso with chips

New Year Horns (krumkake)

those ham, cream cheese and pickled asparagus roll-ups

and we may get chili rellanos (sp?!)

then anything else we've been dying to have but wait until this night to actually polute our bodies this way :D

Yumm...I'll probably have a processed food hangover on Sat!