Menu

Anyone taking Oracea ?

Guest momk2000

Guest momk2000

I have Rosacea, and today my derm. gave me a prescription for Oracea. Does anyone here have any experience taking this. Are the results worth the side effects? I am currently using Metrogel topically with some inprovement and am a little hesitant to want to take the Oracea until I learn more about it. I am one of those that does not like to take medication unless I absolutely need it and always carefully weight the pros and cons. Something is telling me no on this one. :confused:

Guest momk2000

Thank you all for your replies. I tend to be pretty sensitive to medications, so I always do my research before starting something new. I'm going to go ahead and start this tomorrow morning. I sure hope it will clear up all those horrible bumps.

My doctor wants me to start by taking it for two months. If it clears everything up, would I continue to take it daily to prevent flare ups or do you just take it when you break out? I was a little unclear on that. I go back to see the derm. in 2 months.

The Metrogel has helped a little, but not very much, so I'm anxious to see what this Oracea can do.

I took low-dose generic doxycycline for about two months. It completely cleared up my rosacea, and I didn't have any side effects. If I ever have another flare-up, I won't hesitate to take it again. The price difference between Oracea and the generic Doxy was astounding, but I did have to ask the doc for the generic, since the first line of action seems to automatically be Oracea. They must give great perks or something. :glare:

Guest momk2000
The price difference between Oracea and the generic Doxy was astounding, but I did have to ask the doc for the generic, since the first line of action seems to automatically be Oracea. They must give great perks or something. :glare:

:iagree:

I am always very skeptical when the docs start pushing the latest thing out there, especially when there is a perfectly good, less expensive alternative.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest momk2000

Well, the Oracea didn't sit well with me. It left me feeling like I had motion sickness, so I decided to forget it. I would rather feel good and have bumps on my face than walk around feeling like I'm going to puke all day long. :tongue_smilie:

About 2 weeks ago I started taking fish oil and it has worked amazingly well for my rosacea! The bumps are GONE and my skin is so smooth! I still get some redness, but my skin has not looked this good in over 2 years. :D