Menu

If you have white trim and baseboards...

Are yours disgusting like ours? :confused:They always look dirty and marred no matter what I do (I even periodically magic erase them). I think the only hope is repainting, but we have so much trim that the thought of painting all our trim and baseboards makes me feel sick to my stomach. :tongue_smilie:

Just wanted to appease myself by knowing everyone else's house with white trim and children is as dirty as mine.:001_huh:

Thank you very much.

Are yours disgusting like ours? :confused:They always look dirty no matter what I do (I even periodically magic erase them). I think the only hope is repainting, but we have so much trim that the thought of painting all our trim and baseboards makes me feel sick to my stomach. :tongue_smilie:

Just wanted to appease myself by knowing everyone else's house with white trim and children is as dirty as mine.:001_huh:

Thank you very much.

yes and yes.. however-- i heard this trick and since then my baseboards have been clean!

Whenever my 12 yr old & resently my 9 yr old,answers me with attitude in his voice, he has to wipe the baseboards with a clorax wipe... -- it worked so well that when the 5 yr old doesn't listen, she uses the wipes for door handles and light switches

I have never had such clean baseboards & light switches!!!

Just a thought.....

yes and yes.. however-- i heard this trick and since then my baseboards have been clean!

Whenever my 12 yr old & resently my 9 yr old,answers me with attitude in his voice, he has to wipe the baseboards with a clorax wipe... -- it worked so well that when the 5 yr old doesn't listen, she uses the wipes for door handles and light switches

Just a thought.....

I love this idea. I am going to try this one!

Also I have this problem and we are getting ready to paint another color.

We normally clean ours once a month but we have our home listed for sale so have had to go to once a week. The magic eraser is the trick and then touch-up paint where needed. The maintenance is worth the effort but if they are too far gone you will need to repaint. Make sure they are scrubbed good before you start to paint. Also any cracks, chips or peeling must be addressed before you apply paint. Don't get discouraged, just try to do one room at a time. It makes such a difference! :001_smile:

I think the magic eraser does the trick. So it that's not working SORRY, but you might want to paint!:001_huh:
:

oh no, the magic eraser does work... it's just that it takes a short time before they start looking grimy again. It's just the rough and tumble of every day life that erases what the magic eraser erases. :001_huh:

Although, that said, I don't think our trim was painted well the first time around, so it probably could use a whole other coat of semi-gloss paint. It was probably flat paint to begin with.

Just a thought.....

This is the best idea I've heard in months!

With 3 cats, our baseboards get icky fast. Now when little Miss Sassy-Pants gets her mouth going, she can clean the baseboards! Whoohoo!

(and yes, my white trim, window sills and baseboards all look grimy frequently.)

Yes! My dh kept telling me to wash the baseboards. I do, or have the older kids do it and they don't look much better and within a week it's like we never did it. Finally my dh said that he thinks it's the base paint they paint new houses with, it's cheap and flat and the house just needs repainting. There are constantly new marks on the walls and I don't know how they get there (other than 4 children live here) so I was glad to hear him give us an "out" on why the walls and trim are getting so marred so quickly.

Yes! My dh kept telling me to wash the baseboards. I do, or have the older kids do it and they don't look much better and within a week it's like we never did it. Finally my dh said that he thinks it's the base paint they paint new houses with, it's cheap and flat and the house just needs repainting. There are constantly new marks on the walls and I don't know how they get there (other than 4 children live here) so I was glad to hear him give us an "out" on why the walls and trim are getting so marred so quickly.

Yes, I really do think that's the case with ours. I really think if they were painted in a semi-gloss or eggshell with GOOD QUALITY paint, then mine wouldn't look so icky.