Menu

Quick ? About Missing SS Card

:iagree:All great places to check for someone who has it on file!

Unfortunately the SSA can't provide the number on the phone. (They have no way to verify to whom they are providing the #.) In order to obtain the # from them, you would have to go their office in person or request a new card in writing.

Unfortunately the SSA can't provide the number on the phone. (They have no way to verify to whom they are providing the #.) In order to obtain the # from them, you would have to go their office in person or request a new card in writing.

I got my ds's number over the phone when he was a baby because I needed it for tax purposes. He asked me every question under the sun about the ds, dad, and me. This was about 8 years ago, though, so maybe things have changed.

call your local social security admin and ask them.

Lara

That was the first thing I tried, but I never was able to find the local number, and the 800 number kept hanging up on me. I decided to try a final time and I finally got through. The agen was no help though :(

unless she's a newborn, did you include it on last year's return? Do you have a copy of that in your files?

Yep, the missing card belongs to the newborn.

Did you include it when you added her to your insurance?

Hmm, I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.

If you have taken her in for any well child visits, check with your Dr.'s office. They probably have it on file.

Unless the dr. has it on file from insurance info, I don't recall giving them her number. I'll be sure to call just in case. It beats waiting in line at the SSA.

That's exactly what they told me on the phone. I have to waste an afternoon and go in person on Monday.

I got my ds's number over the phone when he was a baby because I needed it for tax purposes. He asked me every question under the sun about the ds, dad, and me. This was about 8 years ago, though, so maybe things have changed.

Too bad I didn't get ahold of someone willing or able to help me over the phone. I think they've gotten stricter over the years about this sort of inquiry.