Menu

Just a quick brag...

I have to admit, I was so worried about the transcript business...

UNT has 2...yes, 2 homeschool admissions counselors! I spoke with one of them prior to sending in her paperwork and he was most complimentary of homeschoolers. He said they have not been disappointed yet by the homeschoolers they have admitted. They have been excellent students and are more than prepared for the rigors of college. He also said he was the biggest skeptic when he took the job, but he has been pleasantly surprised and is now a huge supporter!!!

Now we have to deal with the NCAA...blah...

I was happy with how easy the application process was for UT Dallas. That was the only school my dd was interested in and the only school she applied to. The online application took less than an hour to fill out. We had the cc send in her transcript and I mailed in our hs transcript. We went to a preview day at UTD just one week after we had gotten everything in the mail, so we talked to the admission folks to make sure that I had put the transcript in the proper format. They told her on the spot that she'd already been accepted. We saw it when we looked up her application status at home.

The only problem we've had so far is that we have tried twice to attach her housing application to an email, but they haven't been able to read it. We put a copy in the mail right after we sent the email, so they should get that by Monday.

I have to admit, I was so worried about the transcript business...

UNT has 2...yes, 2 homeschool admissions counselors! I spoke with one of them prior to sending in her paperwork and he was most complimentary of homeschoolers. He said they have not been disappointed yet by the homeschoolers they have admitted. They have been excellent students and are more than prepared for the rigors of college. He also said he was the biggest skeptic when he took the job, but he has been pleasantly surprised and is now a huge supporter!!!

Now we have to deal with the NCAA...blah...

Cool Beans! And good luck with the NCAA!

Congrats to you and your dd.

Faithe