Menu

What is your favorite winter outside "toy"?

Sled, snow tube, sand bucket and shovel (for building)????

We have a couple pretty nice hills, and lots of space. Kids are 10, 6, and 4.

What do you LOVE that you think every kid should have?????

Be specific - link me!!!!! (There are 345,456,237,254 sleds out there on the market...)

Edited by JoyfulMama

I can't show you the perfect sled, but my sons much prefer the molded plastic sleds with sides to the flat foam type of sled. Just make sure it's heavy duty plastic! I got a few for my nieces & nephews a few years ago for around $10 on sale & they're still going strong.

Sled, snow tube, sand bucket and shovel (for building)????

We have a couple pretty nice hills, and lots of space. Kids are 10, 6, and 4.

What do you LOVE that you think every kid should have?????

Be specific - link me!!!!! (There are 345,456,237,254 sleds out there on the market...)

Crazy Carpet. It's basically just a big piece of flexible plastic with hand holes. It's insanely fun down any hill, but it's definitely a free-range kid's kind of toy.

Sorry I'm not going to link you, but here's a sledding tip I learned today. Different snow works best with different sleds! The plastic disk ones that were great on the hill earlier when the temps were very cold didn't work well today. Today's best bet was rubber tubes! BUT - one thing that the kids found worked great last year was my really big stainless steel bowl. Crazy goons!

Crazy Carpet. It's basically just a big piece of flexible plastic with hand holes. It's insanely fun down any hill, but it's definitely a free-range kid's kind of toy.

We used to have ones like that when I was little - they were the BEST!

Surfboard. Winter is surf season in Hawaii. :D

:auto: That WAS an invitation, right??? :D;)

Sorry I'm not going to link you, but here's a sledding tip I learned today. Different snow works best with different sleds! The plastic disk ones that were great on the hill earlier when the temps were very cold didn't work well today. Today's best bet was rubber tubes! BUT - one thing that the kids found worked great last year was my really big stainless steel bowl. Crazy goons!

So you are saying if I buy one of each kind we are sure to have the right kind of sled for any kind of snow? Are you suuuuuuuuure you don't work for a sled manufacturer??????????????? :lol: