Menu

Almost 9 year old boy and changes in attitude

What is going on with my son? Lately, he's been extremely moody, being nasty to his siblings, and talking back to us. We tomato-staked him, and his attitude got better for three days. Today he went off on his swimming teacher, whom he's never had a problem with in the past. DH had taken them to class, and she looked at him to ask what was going on because it is so out of character. It's like he has an extreme case of PMS, and can't explain what is going on with him.

He's happy with our move. Loves the new house. So, I don't think moving has anything to do with it.

It is around that age that kids go through quite a change. I have heard it expressed as moving out of their personal bubble and into the larger world. But lots of changes are happening.

As always, just when we think we have a handle on them....they go and change on us. Keeps us on our toes.

:lol:

I thought about posting the same thing a month ago.

My DH kept telling me, "This, too, shall pass..."

Amazingly it has, for the most part.

DS will be 9 at Christmas. From September through most of November, he was an emotional wreck. He has mostly leveled out.

I have since heard that "nearly 9" is a bad stage, which is funny because you don't really hear about it like the "terrible two" stage.

(Which reminds me. I need to buy DS's music teacher a special gift at Christmas. :tongue_smilie: DS lost it with him one day last month.)

My son did the same thing at that age. It was bad timing for us too because I was quite pregnant and uncomfortable, not sleeping well, and my husband was working A LOT.

He's 9 1/2 now and he's really quite pleasant, most of the time. He's been doing some really sweet and helpful things when the younger kids aren't around to annoy him.