Menu

PSAT scores

If your child used the homeschooler code on the registration forms, then the scores will be mailed to your home. If she used the school's code, however, then that school will receive her score report.

If I remember correctly, though, my kids didn't get their scores till early December. There's an online area they can access with their scores, answer explanations, and college planning advice, but they can't get to it without a code that's printed on the paper copy of the score report. So they just have to wait for the mail.:)

Kathy

If your child used the homeschooler code on the registration forms, then the scores will be mailed to your home. If she used the school's code, however, then that school will receive her score report.

If I remember correctly, though, my kids didn't get their scores till early December. There's an online area they can access with their scores, answer explanations, and college planning advice, but they can't get to it without a code that's printed on the paper copy of the score report. So they just have to wait for the mail.:)

Kathy

The homeschooling code was used. It's just strange to me that they post the dates the scores will be available for the SATs, but not for the PSATs. As December is just around the corner, I got to thinking it should be soon. :tongue_smilie:

The PSAT site says scores will be available online in Dec. If you enter your e-mail address, they'll send you an e-mail to let you know they're available.

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/quickstart.html

But, yes, you'll need your paper report to access it. It sounds like there's a lot more information online than just your scores. It looks like it'll show you which questions you missed!

The PSAT site says scores will be available online in Dec. If you enter your e-mail address, they'll send you an e-mail to let you know they're available.

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/quickstart.html

But, yes, you'll need your paper report to access it. It sounds like there's a lot more information online than just your scores. It looks like it'll show you which questions you missed!

Yes. You can sign up with the college board to receive the SAT question fo the day, too, as part of all of this. I think this is a great learning tool, and signed my eldest up for it for the PSAT when she was still homeschooling earlier this fall so she can learn from it. I'm not sure if there is a homeschool code for the PSAT, though, since we had to sign her up through the ps for that one.

If I am remembering correctly about when I had a 9th and 11th grader take it, the 11th grader received his scores first. I don't know if 11th graders scores are mailed first or if it just worked out that way in our home.

I believe the scores are sent out in batches, based on grade level and/or region.

Two years ago, dd received hers the week after Thanksgiving. T-day was on November 27 that year, two days before it was this year.

Hopefully you will get them soon. I hate waiting, too!

GardenMom

Wait until you have a senior! Then life is full of waiting. Waiting for SAT and ACT scores, waiting for scholarship results, waiting for college acceptance / rejection letters. It is just one stressful day to the next!

My 10th grader is also waiting for his PSAT results impatiently. I am more worried about all his older brother's results etc as the 10th grade PSAT scores are just to gauge how much work he will have to do next year.

Is the paper report that's needed to access the scores online the report which will be received by mail, or is it something else? So the results online are there to give more detailed information, but not faster results? With the SAT we had the choice of whether to receive a paper printout by mail, or to get the results online - which would be available sooner.

Is the paper report that's needed to access the scores online the report which will be received by mail' date=' or is it something else? So the results online are there to give more detailed information, but not faster results? With the SAT we had the choice of whether to receive a paper printout by mail, or to get the results online - which would be available sooner.[/quote']

I took the PSAT last year and this year.

Last year, I was in PS, but it worked like this: The guidance counselor came in (early December) and gave us a paper report that gave us our scores on each section of the test, whatever info we put ourselves on the test (our intended major, our grade range [they ask if you generally get A's, B's, C's, etc.] and things of that sort.)

They also give you login info on the bottom for the PSAT help site. From there you can view your scores, I believe you can see the exact questions you got wrong as well.

So the paper report is received first, and THEN you can login to their site and get more detailed info. You need your login info to get your scores online.

Anxiously awaiting my scores :D

I'm not sure if there is a homeschool code for the PSAT, though, since we had to sign her up through the ps for that one.

There is a homeschool code for the PSAT. The school's guidance counselor gave a copy of the code to my ds, but he already had the code that I'd printed off the PSAT website. :)

Side note:

:seeya:

HI KENDALL! How are you! :)

I took the PSAT last year and this year.

Last year, I was in PS, but it worked like this: The guidance counselor came in (early December) and gave us a paper report that gave us our scores on each section of the test, whatever info we put ourselves on the test (our intended major, our grade range [they ask if you generally get A's, B's, C's, etc.] and things of that sort.)

They also give you login info on the bottom for the PSAT help site. From there you can view your scores, I believe you can see the exact questions you got wrong as well.

So the paper report is received first, and THEN you can login to their site and get more detailed info. You need your login info to get your scores online.

Anxiously awaiting my scores :D

Thank you Stephanie - mystery solved! :)

There is a homeschool code for the PSAT. The school's guidance counselor gave a copy of the code to my ds, but he already had the code that I'd printed off the PSAT website. :)

Side note:

:seeya:

HI KENDALL! How are you! :)

And just to add that the code is different for each state and is dependent on the student's resident state.

Hilary do you know if the paper report will be sent to your home address, or will it be given to you from the school where the test was taken?

And just to add that the code is different for each state and is dependent on the student's resident state.

Hilary do you know if the paper report will be sent to your home address' date=' or will it be given to you from the school where the test was taken?[/quote']

The school's guidance counselor told me that the school would receive the scores first. She gave me the homeschool code, so she knew we were using it. We'll see. Hopefully soon!

Edited by lisabees

Hilary do you know if the paper report will be sent to your home address' date=' or will it be given to you from the school where the test was taken?[/quote']

The score report will be sent to my house.

From the PSAT website:

"If you're a home-schooled student, your PSAT/NMSQT score report is sent directly to your home address. On the test day, when completing the basic information on the answer sheet, be sure to enter your state's home school code in the "school code" section. The test supervisor will provide this for you. "

Thanks! So she'll get the paper back in ps with a homeschool code. Got it!

Wait. :001_huh: No. That's not what I said.

When ds took the PSAT in October he entered our state's homeschool code (in lieu of the public school's code) onto the answer sheet.

The homeschool code ensures that his scores get sent to our house, not the local public school.

Again, from the PSAT website:

"If you're a home-schooled student, your PSAT/NMSQT score report is sent directly to your home address. On the test day, when completing the basic information on the answer sheet, be sure to enter your state's home school code in the "school code" section. The test supervisor will provide this for you. "

Now, once you have the score report that was mailed to you, there will be some sort of a code (like a PIN number) that your dd can enter onto the PSAT website to see her score and an analysis of her test. This is NOT the same homeschool code that was entered onto the answer sheets on test day.

You shouldn't receive anything further from the school.

Wait. :001_huh: No. That's not what I said.

When ds took the PSAT in October he entered our state's homeschool code (in lieu of the public school's code) onto the answer sheet.

The homeschool code ensures that his scores get sent to our house, not the local public school.

Again, from the PSAT website:

Now, once you have the score report that was mailed to you, there will be some sort of a code (like a PIN number) that your dd can enter onto the PSAT website to see her score and an analysis of her test. This is NOT the same homeschool code that was entered onto the answer sheets on test day.

You shouldn't receive anything further from the school.

Thanks! Looks like my reading comprension was dragging way down, wasn't it?:blush: I need to slow down a bit sometimes.