Menu

I didn't get to go to Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving

I had some kind of horrific stomach virus. My two oldest daughters had it earlier in the week, but when Wednesday came and went with no one else getting sick, I thought we were in the clear. No such luck. I woke yesterday morning at 4:45 sick as a dog. I don't think I have ever hurt so bad. It was awful. It took a while, but I finally convinced my husband to take the girls and go on without me.

So my Thanksgiving meal consisted of saltines, popsicles, and Sprite. :ack2: I am feeling better this morning, just tired. Hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Oh Nakia, I'm so sorry. I wish I had known you weren't doing T-giving with family - you all (or P and the girls) could have come to my house!

Hope you're feeling better. :grouphug:

Thanks Tammy, but we always go to Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving! I used to cook for the entire family, but the year I was a million months pregnant with Cora and cooked the whole thing while everyone else sat on their butts, was the last time. We actually like going to CB. It's fun and stress free!

Oh, Nakia -- I am so sorry -- Will you plan a 'make-up' Thanksgiving visit to Cracker Barrel? Sweetie, it's been really tough around here, hasn't it? :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Well, they brought home a piece of the pumpkin pecan streusel pie, which is my favorite part, so when I am up to it, I will eat that and call it Thanksgiving. :)

that's terrible, Nakia! I'm glad you're feeling better!

ps - a MILLION months pregnant? How in the WORLD did you ever manage?:svengo::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I can be a little dramatic...just a little. ;)

It sure as heck felt like a million months pregnant as I stood in the kitchen for hours cooking. I am still a little bitter. :glare:

How about the fact that you lived vicariously through me! :cheers2: We went out to CB (on your inspiration) for the first time ever for Thanksgiving. It was AWESOME!!! No shopping, planning, prep, dishes - all of which is left to me alone. We got there at 11:15 and had a 20 minute wait. We all got the big Thanksgiving meal (including my little guy) so we do have leftovers. DH and I are going to share the leftovers tonight and the kids will have leftover pizza. I have to say, in some ways it was the best, most relaxing Thanksgiving EVER.:D

So, there you were, soooooooo sick. But your selflessness in sharing your Thanksgiving tradition helped another mom have a wonderful day. How's that?!?;)

On a serious note: :grouphug: I really am sorry you were so sick. That stinks. I guess the bright side is your dh and kids never got it. I hate it when dh is sick. He's a giant baby!

Happy Holidays to you, my friend!

:grouphug: What a rotten way to spend your Thanksgiving. Glad you're feeling a bit better today!

Cat

Thank you!!

How about the fact that you lived vicariously through me! :cheers2: We went out to CB (on your inspiration) for the first time ever for Thanksgiving. It was AWESOME!!! No shopping, planning, prep, dishes - all of which is left to me alone. We got there at 11:15 and had a 20 minute wait. We all got the big Thanksgiving meal (including my little guy) so we do have leftovers. DH and I are going to share the leftovers tonight and the kids will have leftover pizza. I have to say, in some ways it was the best, most relaxing Thanksgiving EVER.:D

So, there you were, soooooooo sick. But your selflessness in sharing your Thanksgiving tradition helped another mom have a wonderful day. How's that?!?;)

On a serious note: :grouphug: I really am sorry you were so sick. That stinks. I guess the bright side is your dh and kids never got it. I hate it when dh is sick. He's a giant baby!

Happy Holidays to you, my friend!

I'm so glad you had a good time!! It is the best, isn't it?!?!? And actually, Anna and Emma had the stomach virus at the beginning of the week. :( I am praying Patrick doesn't get it.

I'm so glad you had a good time!! It is the best, isn't it?!?!? And actually, Anna and Emma had the stomach virus at the beginning of the week. :( I am praying Patrick doesn't get it.

Awwww. Well, I'm sorry. I guess you can figure that you got your quota done for the season. Right...? Maybe....:confused: Hope everyone in your house stays well now!:grouphug: