Menu

Christmas gifts ideas for 18mo

mo2

Something to push or walk behind: a play vacuum, a play shopping cart. We got dd a stroller for her dollies ($6.99 from KMart) at that age.

Playdoh or crayons or markers (put a bib on for markers to save clothes) are always winners, although you cannot let them play unattended at that age.

A set of large animals (5-7inches each). Here's an example:

http://www.thebigzoo.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=10527

You could find a similar set of farm animals at your local discount store probably.

Sensory bin full of lentils

music cd's and scarves for dancing (I like old scarves from the thrift store, but play silks are extra wonderful)

board books--you can never have too many!

felt food from Ikea

wooden food with velcro you can cut (fruits and veggies)

puzzles with big knobs

An entire box or two of tissues that they can pull out, one after the other, just for the fun of it and with no repercussions. And maybe 15-20 minutes of time to just throw them around and have some fun.

:lol::lol: But isn't that what the wrapping paper is for?? Thanks for the laugh. For some reason, this struck me as particularly hilarious today.

:lol::lol: But isn't that what the wrapping paper is for?? Thanks for the laugh. For some reason, this struck me as particularly hilarious today.

Of course! But this is the toy for play later!

I got the idea from my friend's mom. When the friend was two, she was given a gift wrapped tissue box and it was ALL hers. Her mom said it was her favorite thing that morning.

I like silk handkerchiefs for this age; twelve stuffed in a kleenex box is as much fun as the tissues. I get them from a place like this: http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/3689-AA.shtml?lnav=scarves.html

and dye them with Kool-aid.

Play food is a lot of fun, and any sort of wheeled-thing to push around or ride-on--stroller, shopping cart, what have you.