Menu

Something interesting

I am reading a book that wanted to demonstrate the makeup of the human race in terms we can more easily wrap our minds around. So if you broke our 6.7 billion people on earth into a single "global village" of 100 people here is what you would come up with.

Out of 100 people:

60 would be Asian

14 would be African

12 would be European

8 would be Latin American

5 would be American or Canadian

1 would be from the South Pacific

51 would be male; 49 would be female

82 would be non-white; 18 white

67 would be be non-Christian; 33 would be Christian

Thought it was an interesting "fact" to share!

I am reading a book that wanted to demonstrate the makeup of the human race in terms we can more easily wrap our minds around. So if you broke our 6.7 billion people on earth into a single "global village" of 100 people here is what you would come up with.

Out of 100 people:

60 would be Asian

14 would be African

12 would be European

8 would be Latin American

5 would be American or Canadian

1 would be from the South Pacific

51 would be male; 49 would be female

82 would be non-white; 18 white

67 would be be non-Christian; 33 would be Christian

Thought it was an interesting "fact" to share!

That IS interesting. It's good to remember that white Christians aren't the majority everywhere, as they are here (where I live, anyway).

Weird. I'd always heard that there were more females than males - statistically higher female births, more male deaths in wars, longer female life-span.

Anyway, I just get bothered with categorizing people in general. I was under the impression that there were more mixed races. And how many would be from the Middle-East?

Weird. I'd always heard that there were more females than males - statistically higher female births, more male deaths in wars, longer female life-span.

Anyway, I just get bothered with categorizing people in general. I was under the impression that there were more mixed races. And how many would be from the Middle-East?

Interesting question.

I suspect the one-child rule in China, which has caused more male babies to be born than female for years now, has had something to do with this.

I suspect the one-child rule in China, which has caused more male babies to be born than female for years now, has had something to do with this.

Oh yeah, that's a good point! I think it's something ridiculous now, somewhere around 19 million more males than females now.

Oh yeah, that's a good point! I think it's something ridiculous now, somewhere around 19 million more males than females now.

Uh-oh. I wonder if China will have a Brother Husbands reality tv show coming up. :tongue_smilie:

(There's a Sister Wives special on this Sunday...)