Menu

Horizon Math K TE Manual question

Blessed with seven

Oh...yee haw!! I am so happy...goody. Okay...I am going to just buy the workbooks. I did find certain things helpful in Teachers manuals, like the reminders to count to such and such, count backwards etc..but I though...in K? I will have the 1st grade manual so...we will just wing it with the K workbooks.

Thank you so much...I was hoping you all would say I did not need it! :D

Happy Happy!

Thank you!

Kim

I'll be the dissenter here... I'm pretty dumb when it comes to math:) We used Horizons K and I felt so lost! Little things would pop up in the book that we were unprepared for. It felt like they were expecting her to know things that hadn't been taught. The reality was that they were taught outside of the student book. If you're confident in teaching math, then I'm sure you'd be fine. I feel like I can teach basic reading skills without any hand-holding, but I don't think ahead to the necessary skills for math. We never finished the K book cause I couldn't deal with it anymore. This year we using Horizons 1 and I did buy the TM. I'm very glad I did! It has just enough extra to make it worth having.

Well....I know I will use the 1st Grade manual because I like looking and knowing what "extra's" to do each day, or being able to peak at it if I am confused, I will want that. Money is short right now so I really wanted my K'er to get going w/ Horizons but in K I really don't care if they do "everything mentioned" because I imagine they will go over it more intensely in 1st? Or am I wrong....

Kim

Well....I know I will use the 1st Grade manual because I like looking and knowing what "extra's" to do each day, or being able to peak at it if I am confused, I will want that. Money is short right now so I really wanted my K'er to get going w/ Horizons but in K I really don't care if they do "everything mentioned" because I imagine they will go over it more intensely in 1st? Or am I wrong....

Yeah, that's true. Even though we didn't do much with Horizons K, it hasn't been a problem in 1st.