Menu

Need baby shower game suggestions.

This shower is for a woman in my church I do not know that well. She has already had her baby, so how big is her stomach won't do. Although, even pregnant, how big is your stomach won't do. ;)

I was thinking of having a "what's your most outrageous poopy baby story and have two people judge it with a prize to the winner.

What say you?

Well, I don't do poopy baby stories. So.. I'd lose on that one. BUT, I like the ones where you fill out things in the story and then read it.... And, I think it's funny to have one person write down what the person says... without them knowing .... and then read it all together. I've seen that... Pin the diaper on the whatever is funny... Hmmm. i'll think...

:)

I went to one where there was a multiple choice quiz about random baby facts. Things like how many diapers an average baby used in a year, what is a pacifier called in England, other silly baby facts.

The one with the most right won the prize. It was fun...especially because I won :) Then again, I was on baby #4 and the shower was for a young friend on her first and all of her friends either had no babies or one. They were all very impressed by my baby knowledge!

I went to one where there was a multiple choice quiz about random baby facts. Things like how many diapers an average baby used in a year, what is a pacifier called in England, other silly baby facts.

The one with the most right won the prize. It was fun...especially because I won :) Then again, I was on baby #4 and the shower was for a young friend on her first and all of her friends either had no babies or one. They were all very impressed by my baby knowledge!

Makes you feel smart, huh? :D

How many jelly beans in the bottle.

How many baby items on the tray can you remember (nail clippers, pacies, baby spoon, etc...).

How many names can you make out of mom/dad's first names.

How many words related to babies can you think of - one for each letter A-Z.

Clothesline with clothespins...each guest attempts to grab as many as they can with 1 hand

Diaper pins...each guest gets one. The first person to say the word 'baby' (or something else equally difficult) looses their pin to the person that hears them (first claim). Person with the most pins at the end wins a prize.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I have three games [ no diapers with candy bars. Did that once, ew.:tongue_smilie:]

Getting to know you - as people come in will be getting a sheet of paper and have to find someone who . . .

What's on the tray

Most outrageous poopy baby story. I have chosen two judges and will demonstrate with either the one where dd-Kate projectile pooped across the nursing room at church and hit the wall, or when she was a year old and pooped all over the floor of the outdoor shower at the beach. :D

My goal is to take a fairly large group of women who don't know each other very well and bring them together.

I do like the safety pin one, but that would require more prep than I have time for at this point.

I know you have games, but I like gift bingo at showers. It gives people something to do while gifts are being opened. Each person gets an empty bingo card, and they fill the spaces with things they think she'll receive. As presents are opened, they mark their spaces until someone gets bingo. It does work a little better at wedding showers where there tends to be more variety to the gifts, but I suppose you could fill in different types of baby clothes.

Playing the Baby Shower Candy Bar Game

The baby shower candy bar game focuses on pregnancy, labor, delivery, and parenting. There are a few variations of the game, but the gist of it involves matching stages of baby's growth and birth to specific candy bars. You've probably never made the connection between pregnancy and birth to the names of candy bars, and neither have many of your shower guests. This is a fun way to celebrate the birth of the new baby, and it's a delicious way to have fun as well!

Game Variation One

For this variation, you don't actually have to have the candy bars on hand. Instead, print out a list of words that are associated with having babies, such as conception, pregnant belly, epidurals, and breastfeeding. These are just a few of the terms that can be used in the game. Have guests list as many candy bar names as possible that could be linked to each of these terms, such as Skor, Chunky Candy Bar, Lifesaver, and Milky Way. Because it might be difficult for some guests to think of various candy bar names, you could have guests play in pairs or teams. You might be surprised to discover that guests come up with quite a few candy bar names, including some you haven't thought of! For a simpler way to play, print out a list of candy bars and a list of pregnancy and childbirth terms for players to match.

Ads by Google

Personalized Candy Bars - No Time? Buy Candy & Treats Online, Order Personalized Candy Bars Now! www.OrientalTrading.com

Baby Shower Games - The Top Baby Shower Games - Our Top Picks & Favorites From Parents® www.Parents.com

Free Baby Samples & Stuff - Free Samples and Magazines Free Coupons and Information PlanningFamily.com

Game Variation Two

For a more visual variation of this game, purchase two of each of the candy bars you want to use. Fill a bowl with one of each of the candy bars to use as prizes for the winners. Tape or glue the remaining bars to a poster board to display to guests. Hand each guest a sheet of paper with the clues listed on the paper, or hand them a blank sheet of paper and call out the clues. Guests should then match the clues to the candy bar.

Candy Bars and Clues

The following is a comprehensive list of candy bars as well as their clues.

• Amount of sleep for parents-Fast Break
  • Anesthesiologist-Mr. Goodbar
  • Baby giggles-Snickers
  • Baby girl's name-Baby Ruth
  • Baby is born-Tear Jerkers
  • Baby love-Kisses
  • Baby's brain-Smarties
  • Breastmilk has come in-Mounds
  • Breastfeeding or breast milk-Milky Way
  • Chubby baby-Rolos
  • Conception of baby-Skor
  • Contractions or delivery-Now and Later
  • Daddy during delivery-Bonkers
  • Daddy/husband-Big Hunk
  • Daddy-Sugar Daddies
  • Deciding on baby's name-Whatchmacallit
  • Diapers, formula, baby supplies-Payday
  • Epidurals or spinal-Life Savers
  • Hospital office workers-Nerds
  • Hospital bills-100 Grand
  • Hospital nursery or new baby-Cry Babies
  • Large babies-Whoppers
  • Lullabies/songs-Symphony
  • Mommy's dinner break-Take 5
  • New baby-Treasures
  • Nurses-Sweet Tarts
  • Obstetrician-Butterfinger
  • Postpartum belly-Jelly Belly
  • Preemies-Runts
  • Pregnant tummy-Chunky Candy Bar
  • Rush to hospital-Rocky Road
  • Teething baby-Nestle Crunch
  • Time alone after baby is born-Zero
  • Triplets-Three Musketeers
  • Twin boys' names-Mike and Ike

It's not a 'game' per se, but one cute thing we did at my friend's shower - I purchased some fabric paint and a couple of packs of white 'onsies' ahead of time, and all of the guest helped decorate/personalize the onsies. It was fun and the baby had a a cute addition for her wardrobe.