Menu

Do people really read the WTB section?

eclecticmom

I have searched there before selling items, but it has never worked well for me. I have sent private messages to people who have posted on the WTB section, but they either don't respond or respond late. When I post on the FS section I have buyers within hours if not minutes.

I have searched there before selling items, but it has never worked well for me. I have sent private messages to people who have posted on the WTB section, but they either don't respond or respond late. When I post on the FS section I have buyers within hours if not minutes.

:iagree:

I've never had anyone that bought from me after responding to their WTB ad. Usually they never respond back or they've already found it and forgot to update their WTB post.

Well, I hope so, because I'll be "WTB" TT6 for next year LOL. And they go so darn fast (from my experience in trying to find TT5 used) that whenever I looked at the "for sale" board and find one listed- someone else already took it. So the hope is that if I post a WTB, someone will PM me and I can just buy it :D

I always check the WTB board before posting items for sale. I almost never find someone who needs what I have (they often already have their post marked with "Found" by the time I see it). A few times, I have contacted someone about buying and every time the response was that they already bought it... twice I had responded within a week of their WTB post and was told that they couldn't wait any longer and just ended up buying new. :glare: I'll keep looking there before posting, but I'm not too hopeful of selling anything that way.

I had luck with the WTB board when I posted a list there last year. I got almost all out books that way. I notice that now much happens when you only list one thing.:confused:

I have a WTB Artistic Pursuits K-3 bk 1 right now and have had others in the past that go really fast on the FS board, but I never get any PM's. I will see them for sale at the same time though, and miss it. Oh well.

Danielle

I've bought a ton of curriculum on these forums by searching for what I'm looking for. Do sellers really look at the Want to Buy section before selling? Does it work better that way or is it better just to look on the For Sale boards?

Yes, some people do check the WTB ads. I have found a few items by posting for them on the WTB boards, which has been great. But I don't think most people check the WTB boards before posting for sale ads.

I have been contacted through the WTB board only to be told a few hours later that they sold the item to someone else even though I p.m'd to say I would like to purchase the item only 3 hours after they contacted me.

But as a seller, I have found that some people do not even respond to p.m's when I've contacted them through the WTB ads.

I have had both positive and negative experiences with the WTB board.

I like to read through it to see if anyone is looking for something that is sitting on my shelf that I have not gotten around to listing for sale. I have sold quite a few things this way since I do not have the items posted for sale. I like to help others out and clear some things off of my shelves in the meantime. I have also sent numerour PM's and not received responses so the experience is mixed. I think it is only polite to at least send a reply saying that you found it/no longer interested/price is not right, etc.

I like to read through it to see if anyone is looking for something that is sitting on my shelf that I have not gotten around to listing for sale. I have sold quite a few things this way since I do not have the items posted for sale. I like to help others out and clear some things off of my shelves in the meantime. I have also sent numerour PM's and not received responses so the experience is mixed. I think it is only polite to at least send a reply saying that you found it/no longer interested/price is not right, etc.

"I like to read through it to see if anyone is looking for something that is sitting on my shelf that I have not gotten around to listing for sale." That is why I post on the WTB occasionally. I figure someone may see it and sell an item to me they may not have thought of posting for sale yet.

It would be nice if people who post there would consistently answer p.m's.