Menu

Just got my FIRST political campaign call!

Yay! Now I don't feel so left out. It was pre-recorded by the candidate and, boy, did he need some coaching! He sounded thoroughly under-enthused :tongue_smilie: And he didn't identify which party he was with...although certain key words did leave me with an idea of which it was. Is that a trend this year?

Wow! We are getting 8 - 10 a day. Sometimes 3 - 4 about the same candidate (it is usually some other official shilling for him.) I don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number. They are even leaving annoying voice-mail messages. I have a message from my deceased mom on my answering machine and am always worried that I will accidentally erase it when trying to get rid of this other junk.

I've gotten none *knock on wood*, but we did get left a packet of campaign ads listing all the one's that whomever left it thought we should vote for. They were targeting only certain houses on our street...that didn't make sense to me.

How very odd :confused:.... do you think you have a neighbor who thinks you and some others need "educating" :glare:.

How very odd :confused:.... do you think you have a neighbor who thinks you and some others need "educating" :glare:.

Strangely enough, I think if that were the case, they would be targeting the people they skipped over. Someone knew who lived on this street. The only people getting the Republican packets were the "paler people" on the street :glare: It irked me...in a profiling, we think "these sort of people will vote for our guys" sort of way. Nope, was not happy. (I'm Independent...sick of both parties) Hubby and I saw the people that were going down the street with a bag full of these door bags. The lady had a list...it was her, her hubby, and their kids.

Wow! We are getting 8 - 10 a day. Sometimes 3 - 4 about the same candidate (it is usually some other official shilling for him.) I don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number. They are even leaving annoying voice-mail messages. I have a message from my deceased mom on my answering machine and am always worried that I will accidentally erase it when trying to get rid of this other junk.

Same here. I haven't answered my home phone for about two weeks now... I have the ringer down and just let the machine take the messages. Anyone who needs me has my cellphone.