Menu

Is your senior done with testing now?

Luckymama

Since October SATs are out, I thought it might be time to ask this question. Are all the standardized tests done for your senior? No more SAT, ACT or SAT2?

Ds was a "one and done" test-taker, once with the SAT (May) and once with the ACT (June with mono...). He's still working on that final list :rolleyes: and says that if a school requires SAT2s, it's not making the list :D

I get a break for a year, then it will be dd15's turn. The PSAT results from this year (her sophomore year) will help form her testing strategy. I'd LOVE for her to be one-and-done as well but right now she's looking at schools with exceptionally small admittance rates, like Swarthmore and Dartmouth :tongue_smilie:

Not yet--my DD took the SAT last Sept 2009 at the start of her Junior year. Her math score was okay but there was room for improvement. However, shortly thereafter she became ill and was home recuperating until April 2010, so she forgot much of the math she learned. There was no chance to test again.

Since August she has been doing remedial work and right now she is back into Alg 2.

She has an SAT test date lined up for Dec 4th. She is feeling fairly confident that she has a much clearer understanding of math this time around. She has matured and she is motivated.

I WISH we were done. :001_smile:

AND with two more kids to go spaced two years apart, we won't really be done for a LONG time; 48 months of this is going to either make me very grey or very indifferent. When we started testing with an SAT II in May of 2009, I was a wreck. I'm guessing by the time we are done, I'll barely feel a thing.

Peace,

Janice

Enjoy your little people

Enjoy your journey

I WISH we were done. :001_smile:

AND with two more kids to go spaced two years apart, we won't really be done for a LONG time; 48 months of this is going to either make me very grey or very indifferent. When we started testing with an SAT II in May of 2009, I was a wreck. I'm guessing by the time we are done, I'll barely feel a thing.

Peace,

Janice

Enjoy your little people

Enjoy your journey

:lol: I expect by the time dd10 gets to the SAT point, I'll be saying "whatever, kid" :lol:

I don't think dd will test anymore. She has applied to 8 so far, and will apply to three more for sure, and maybe two more after that. Her ACT scores are good though she could do better in math. I think she will get in almost all of her colleges so she doesn't need to do anything more. We will decide about AP tests after we have a clue where she is going. IF they take CLEP, she will probably do those instead.