Menu

Help! I need to bring a treat for a Halloween party

I'm supposed to bring something sweet. There's supposed to be 50ish people at the party, with 15-20 of them being adults, the rest kids. It would be great if the treat could be left in the car for about 4 hours beforehand (It's supposed to be a high of 50 degrees, cloudy and windy), as we have other things to do in the same area of town before the party. What should I bring?

Use a ring or bunt cake pan--make your favorite cake (I usually cheat and use a mix).

Ice the sides and 'interior of ring' of the cake green or orange. This step can also be omitted and you will be just fine!

Pour another color (orange if you used green...) icing over the top--let it drip down the sides.

Cut a large marshmallow in half making 'circles' for googly-eyes. For the iris, use a chocolate chip, M&M or dot of icing.

Use candy corns for teeth-- poke the 'large end' into the cake around the center opening leaving the tips showing.

do you have (or can you get) any cookie cutters in halloween shapes? just thinking that you could make sugar cookies in the shape of bats, ghosts, witch hats, etc... you could dye the dough orange & black or you could do icing/etc decorations on them... or hey, just make the cookies and BRING the decorations so people can dress up their own cookies! that's always fun. :D

Brownies.

Two big pans of brownies baked in disposable aluminum pans with lids.

In fact, use brownie mixes to make them...save yourself some trouble. :lol:

If you want them to be fancy, dust the tops with sifted powdered sugar while they are still warm.

You could even make a stencil of a jack-o-lantern, and dust the sugar over the stencil. Then they would be decorated !

Brownies.

Two big pans of brownies baked in disposable aluminum pans with lids.

In fact, use brownie mixes to make them...save yourself some trouble. :lol:

If you want them to be fancy, dust the tops with sifted powdered sugar while they are still warm.

You could even make a stencil of a jack-o-lantern, and dust the sugar over the stencil. Then they would be decorated !

I think I love you. :D

I'm going to be a little short on time, so this sounds like I can do it. I think I can manage to make a stencil!

My rice krispie skills are not so hot, BUT some of the links posted don't look too bad. Maybe if I feel I have time I'll experiment.

Ihad these bars this weekend . The woman who made them said she has been making them for decades, but none of the rest of us had ever eaten them. Wow, oh my gosh, amazing. Really.

MARSHMALLOW KRISPIE BARS

Printed from COOKS.COM

1 pkg. Duncan Hines, fudge brownie mix, family size

1 pkg. miniature marshmallows (10 1/2 oz.)

1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 c. creamy peanut butter

1 tbsp. butter

1 1/2 c. crisp rice cereal

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Prepare and bake brownies following package directions for original recipe. Remove from oven. Sprinkle marshmallows on hot brownies. Return to oven. Bake for 3 minutes longer.

Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in medium saucepan. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted. Add rice cereal; mix well. Spread mixture over marshmallow layer. Refrigerate until chilled. Cut into bars. Makes 2 dozen.

Ihad these bars this weekend . The woman who made them said she has been making them for decades, but none of the rest of us had ever eaten them. Wow, oh my gosh, amazing. Really.

MARSHMALLOW KRISPIE BARS

Printed from COOKS.COM

1 tbsp. butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Prepare and bake brownies following package directions for original recipe. Remove from oven. Sprinkle marshmallows on hot brownies. Return to oven. Bake for 3 minutes longer.

Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in medium saucepan. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted. Add rice cereal; mix well. Spread mixture over marshmallow layer. Refrigerate until chilled. Cut into bars. Makes 2 dozen.

Oh, those sound yummy. I might make those a different time!

MARSHMALLOW KRISPIE BARS

Printed from COOKS.COM

1 tbsp. butter

This reminds me of a similar brownie treat.

Bake Brownies.

Remove from oven and cover with mini-marshmallows. Put back in oven for a minute or two. Place graham crackers over hot and melty marshmallow. Cut into bars. Warm, yummy goodness.

I think I love you. :D

I'm going to be a little short on time, so this sounds like I can do it. I think I can manage to make a stencil!

My rice krispie skills are not so hot, BUT some of the links posted don't look too bad. Maybe if I feel I have time I'll experiment.

:lol:

Put on the powdered sugar while they are warm but not hot. If they are too hot it will just sort of melt. Have fun !