Menu

If you don't take the kids trick-or-treating...

What do you do? I really don't want to bring the kids this year. They seem like they can take it or leave it. I'm trying to decide what to do though. I thought I'd buy a bag of mixed candy, pop popcorn and rent (or buy) a new movie.

:bigear:

We get some candy, pop some popcorn and have a game night! :)

We have a fire pit in the back yard that we use to roast marshmallows. We let the kids run around in the dark with flash lights (in costumes if we have them), and we just hang out around the fire like we do when we go camping. We made s'mores last year. It's a good time of year to sit outside, and out back we don't get harassed by trick-or-treaters.

Since we have to babysit the property to prevent bad things happening (roving band of problem teens), we will have a bonfire and I will read outloud from a number of our favorite hilarious books while dh roasts chicken and veggies. We'll roast marshmallows and partake of cider and donuts. The kids will be sent to bed at some point but dh and I will remain on guard until well after midnight which seems to be when the hooligans get tired of their revelry and crash somewhere.

Faith

We turn off all the lights in the front of the house and curl up in our king-sized bed upstairs watching movies in the dark. No one ever comes to the doors of houses with no porch light on, but it's fun to feel like we're "hiding" from the costumed bands outside.

Then we hit all the drugstores/convenience stores the next day and stock up on 50% off candy (we do the same for Valentine's Day and Easter!)