Menu

Toddler training

momee

I'll recommend Kids Are Worth It! by Babara Coloroso. It's less a step-by-step guide and more a great way to get your priorities straight and build a thoughtful foundation for how you approach the issues you'll have to deal with. Might make a great companion to some of the other books people bring up.

"To Train Up A Child" truly sickens me. It is nothing more than child abuse advocation.

If you're going to read that, read this, too.

http://www.secular-homeschooling.com/011/pearls.html

I won't revisit this thread because that's all I have to say on the subject and I'm not interested in debating it with anybody or in seeing child abuse defended.

I hope you come up with some other way.

"To Train Up A Child" truly sickens me. It is nothing more than child abuse advocation.

I won't revisit this thread because that's all I have to say on the subject and I'm not interested in debating it with anybody or in seeing child abuse defended.

:iagree:

I like the Love and Logic books. Or anything by the Sears.

I love H.C. Trumbull's Hints on Child Training. It was written in the 1800s so I thought it would be rigid and archaic...but it provided some of the most gentle and wise knowledge I have read on the subject. Like most books, you won't agree with everything, but the chapter "Will-Training, Rather Than Will-Breaking" was a paradigm shifter for me.

:iagree: I really like Dr. Kevin Leman's stuff and Love and Logic is pretty good too. Good luck!

I love H.C. Trumbull's Hints on Child Training. It was written in the 1800s so I thought it would be rigid and archaic...but it provided some of the most gentle and wise knowledge I have read on the subject. Like most books, you won't agree with everything, but the chapter "Will-Training, Rather Than Will-Breaking" was a paradigm shifter for me.

:iagree:I need to read this one again!