Menu

How many prunes would one eat if, say, you know...

Here's the thing...I've never been the big C in my whole life..in fact, since I have IBS, I tend to always be a bit more loosy goosy. I don't feel like I really need to go, except my tummy is hurting and feels really full (from under my sternam down)...like if I went a lot then maybe I'd feel better. So do I need to get a real laxative, or maybe it's just something else?

Sorry for tmi. :tongue_smilie:

I'm guessing MOM= Milk of Magnesia.

I'd think you'd need to take 2x the regular serving size of prunes. But I'd eat a bowl of oatmeal and chase it with *warm* water, too.

I can't do bran, it binds me up, but it may work for you.

Edited by AuntieM

So do I need to get a real laxative, or maybe it's just something else?

If has been more than a few days, and then it was "hard", you might cut to the chase and use a fleet's enema to purge the "plug" and all else might easily follow. If you just cram fiber from above, your body still has to force the "plug" forward.

I'm guessing MOM= Milk of Magnesia.

I'd think you'd need to take 2x the regular serving size of prunes. But I'd eat a bowl of oatmeal and chase it with *warm* warm, too.

I can't do bran, it binds me up, but it may work for you.

Chase it with *warm* warm? Warm MOM? Does it taste bad? I can't do gross tastes...if it's half a glass, maybe, a whole glass will do me in (I was surprised I was able to eat 6 prunes!).

Chase it with *warm* warm? Warm MOM? Does it taste bad? I can't do gross tastes...if it's half a glass, maybe, a whole glass will do me in (I was surprised I was able to eat 6 prunes!).

Sorry, no, I meant to chase the oatmeal with warm water. Warm MOM, ick! I cannot imagine that! I think things would move pretty quickly in the *opposite* direction of what you are trying to cure!!!

I hope you feel better soon - I hate that feeling.:tongue_smilie:

There is also a "black and white" which is standard dose MOM mixed with equal amounts prune juice. I can get it down the mouths of the unwilling more easily, so it must taste better (I've never dared).

What's the difference between MOM and the laxative one buys at the drugstore that you'd take before a colonoscapy (sp?)? Can I take that instead? Does it do the same thing?

If has been more than a few days, and then it was "hard", you might cut to the chase and use a fleet's enema to purge the "plug" and all else might easily follow. If you just cram fiber from above, your body still has to force the "plug" forward.

This is the thing...I've been going daily...every day my whole life, even today. I just don't feel right...maybe I'm just really bloated? (I started the pill this month to help with a heavy flow and I'm to get my cycle tomorrow or maybe Monday.) Having said that, I mean, I've been bloated before and I just feel like it's probably not that, but how can I be constipated if I've been going daily?

This is the thing...I've been going daily...every day my whole life, even today. I just don't feel right...maybe I'm just really bloated? (I started the pill this month to help with a heavy flow and I'm to get my cycle tomorrow or maybe Monday.) Having said that, I mean, I've been bloated before and I just feel like it's probably not that, but how can I be constipated if I've been going daily?

It could be gas, bloat, or a side effect of the pill.