Menu

Wooden sword and shield for my 4 year old?

Funny, my DS will be getting a wooden sword in a couple of weeks, and then a shield for his 4th birthday in a couple of months. :) The sword will be bought at an historical festival we participate in. I may buy a shield there too, but have also been considering the Schylling one or a couple from etsy. Curious for reviews. :bigear:

We got the wooden one before, which break if you use them well :) We ended up going with the Nerf-like ones from the toy store (sturdy, not the foam one), and the kids can do a ton of damage with them without actually damaging themselves or the swords/shields or our house. They have outlasted the wooden shields/swords and are used more, which make them bonus in my book ;)

I can't imagine the Vision Forum ones breaking. We have two sets that have been used heavily for several years by a number of "boys" ranging in age from 4-51. They have a few dings in them - but they've never broken. I got unto my oldest (22) and dh for fighting with them so rough --but the swords have taken a beating and live to go on.